Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No boot up/display on Gigabyte GA-EP 41-UD3L

Options
  • 04-07-2009 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi,

I am building a new machine.
    Here is the hardware
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP41-UD3L
    Memory: OCZ DDR2 PC6400 XTC, CL5-4-4-18, 4x2GB
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
    Graphics Card: Gainward 8400GS (also have Geforce FX5200 PCI card)

I have connected every thing up and powered it up.
    All the fans start and I check the hard disks starting put but I am getting nothing on the screen.
    I have tried swapping graphics card and removing every component and I still have the same issues.
    Has anybody else have a similar motherboard and did they have any issues similar to this and how did they resolve it?

Thanks
    Darragh

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Have you checked to make sure the monitor and its cable are still good? If yes then remove the CMOS battery, use the Clear CMOS button/jumper if any, then replace battery after a minute and try a minimum boot again. Also try a minimum boot off a different PSU if you can - just because the fans are coming on doesn't mean something's died and left the new PSU with something like 3 amps on the 12V rail :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭darraghsherwin

Thanks for that tried all of those myself
    Eventually took out all the ram and just put back in 1 stick and it was fine.
    It doesn't like the full 8Gb of ram I intended to put it

Thanks
    Darragh

Advertisement