Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod in Dublin City Forum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Can you report the posts for me and I will look into it when I get a chance later on?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Not sure i did the report post thing correctly but i will copy and paste it in here:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dvpower viewpost.gif
    Why do you insist on referring to human beings as vermin and rats? You're supposed to be a moderator on this forum - you could start by moderating your own language.

Warning issued for back seat moderating.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RoyMcC viewpost.gif
    I've just popped over from the Athletics forum to back you up on this. I'm surprised as I know that Makikomi is a strong but fair moderator and I would have hoped that, as with our 'characters of Dublin', he might have a little empathy at least with those who have fallen on the wrong side of the tracks. There but for the grace of God etc.

Not denying there is a huge issue btw...

Your verging on one, actually since you came over from another forum just to post this consider this a warning for trolling too.

If anyone else wants to test me, go ahead but in the mean time I'd appricate you took your bleeding hearts to the street cretins we're talking about - I think they might need a big hug.

This guy is completly out of control and is ruining the forum. The link to the thread with this post is in my first post above

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Out of control? Ruining the forum? That's red-top 'newspaper' style over sensationalism there.

Bear in mind, Makikomi is as entitled to post as any other user, he is just that, unless the need to clear something up arises. He's as entitled to his opinion as any other user.

This guy is completly out of control and is ruining the forum. The link to the thread with this post is in my first post above

can you post up links to other examples of the moderator being out of control and ruining the forum.

I will PM the mod in question and move this to the helpdesk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

OK deep breaths. I over reacted by saying the forum was being ruined but i really dont think that a mod should be dishing out warnings for people being unhappy with human beings being referred to as vermin.

• Advertisement

I have discussed off thread with the moderator.

While I agree with warnings for back seat moderating, I also agree that certain levels of decorum should be maintainted while moderating.
    This has been passed on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I have discussed off thread with the moderator.

While I agree with warnings for back seat moderating, I also agree that certain levels of decorum should be maintainted while moderating.
    This has been passed on...

It has, and been accepted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement