Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florence & The Machine - Lungs

Options
  • 04-07-2009 5:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭

What do we think? I'm loving this album. most of the popular female artists out there at the moment are muck so that makes it even better. definitely lives up to the hype.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Love it. I had already a few songs downloaded off torrents but when I saw this on iTunes I just had to buy it. She deserves the money! Cosmic Love is still my favourite song :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

4 songs in it turns to crap but the first 4 are desent if a bit boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

I think there's one or two filler songs (kiss with a fist, hurricane drunk) in there but the majority are quite good with the odd cracking tune (Dog days are over, rabbit heart, howl, cosmic love, my boy builds coffins)!
    As has been said I really like the drumming on this album, it gets quite aggressive in places.

One bad point is "Kiss with a Fist" just does not fit in with any of the other songs on the album, me thinks it should have been left on the cutting-room floor, or perhaps a B-Side. Sounds like it should be on a Katy Perry (or the like) album more than these guys.

Can't wait to see these at Lowlands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Love it. Cosmic Love is still my favourite song :D

me too!!! she really good i keep replaying cosmic love over and over on my mp3 its soo good!!!! shes excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Listening to it at the moment and its fairly decent. Theres no songs on it that force me to skip it.
    fortuneg wrote: »
    One bad point is "Kiss with a Fist" just does not fit in with any of the other songs on the album, me thinks it should have been left on the cutting-room floor, or perhaps a B-Side. Sounds like it should be on a Katy Perry (or the like) album more than these guys.

The song is a break from the other songs, but I like that. The song makes me laugh.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hacks

They were quality at Oxegen:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

It's a pretty good album,the bonus EP is worth a listen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Its on sale at 7 Digital for less that 7 Euros - download encoded at 320 kbps :

http://ie.7digital.com/artists/florence-plus-the-machine/lungs/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

fortuneg wrote: »
    I think there's one or two filler songs (kiss with a fist, hurricane drunk) in there but the majority are quite good with the odd cracking tune (Dog days are over, rabbit heart, howl, cosmic love, my boy builds coffins)!
    As has been said I really like the drumming on this album, it gets quite aggressive in places.

Can't wait to see these at Lowlands!

what? kiss with a fist is brilliant. the first song I heard by her.

yeah they were class at oxegen. her voice is actually unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Best non-pop (Lady Gaga, Lily Allen,Perry etc) debut album from a female in a long time. A really refreshing sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

"She" is a band remember and tbh, while the vocals are wonderful they don't stand alone near as well as those of some female artists that have been around the block a time or two. That'll come in time for her though. It's really down to the drummer and her together that make Lungs what it is.
    Kiss with a Fist isn't a bad song per se, it just doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the album too much. I like my albums to be albums, not collections of singles thankee. :)

Nevore wrote: »
    "She" is a band remember and tbh, while the vocals are wonderful they don't stand alone near as well as those of some female artists that have been around the block a time or two. That'll come in time for her though. It's really down to the drummer and her together that make Lungs what it is.
    Kiss with a Fist isn't a bad song per se, it just doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the album too much. I like my albums to be albums, not collections of singles thankee. :)

so do I and I think it slots in quite nicely at the end! :) and what are you on about the vocals, I don't understand :confused:

and well it's really mostly about her, she just got the band to play with her. it's not as if they wrote all the songs together. she said she went away for a week and came back and the band had learned all her songs

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Best non-pop (Lady Gaga, Lily Allen,Perry etc) debut album from a female in a long time. A really refreshing sound.

are you referring to lady gaga etc. as non pop? just wondering, not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Nevore wrote: »

It is not a band, she is just collaberating with the other musicians. They are in a sense a backing band. You will never see one of them in an interview. She loves pop herself and thats why Kiss with a Fist is on the album, shes influenced by many artists.
    are you referring to lady gaga etc. as non pop? just wondering, not sure

No they are most certainly pop. Florence is much much better than them squawkers anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh wow, I love this album! Some absolutely superb songs on it. I think her voice is just nice though, not as amazing as people are making it out to be.

Kiss With a Fist is superb! Jesus, Katy Perry?! :eek:

And why should it "fit" in with the rest of the album? Surely eclecticism is a good thing?

I didn't think her voice was anything special either until I heard her live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Yeh i seen her at Oxegen aswell and she\they were class even though we couldnt see much cos we were miles back, should have been on a bigger stage, but never mind!

Anyone get the "deluxe" album? Some good songs on there that should have made the album, Bird Song and Falling are amazing, Hardest of Hearts isnt bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It's a really good album, I wish I'd gone to Oxegen this year!

Advertisement