Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Wired to Wireless Router - cost?

Options
  • 04-07-2009 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

I have Eircom Broadband for donkey years now but its a wired Netopia router. I want to chande to a Wireless one but Eircom want to charge me despite my loyalty to them.

How do I get one for free or cheap as possible?
    If my wired one was faulty all of a sudden would they simply post one out as a replacement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭JimmyFloyd

They told me they wanted €90 for a wireless modem

Ring them and tell them its broken, their standard modem is a wireless one now so they'll replace it with that. Worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

JimmyFloyd wrote: »
    They told me they wanted €90 for a wireless modem

Ring them and tell them its broken, their standard modem is a wireless one now so they'll replace it with that. Worked for me

+1 same for me...although the threatened not to give me one until i threatened to cancel and move to upc/digiweb/anybody else!!

Advertisement