Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Webtext Issue

• 04-07-2009 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Edit: Seems to be OK now all of a sudden. And no before anyone asks I wasn't using any Unicode or Non GSM Characters

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Tawfee

J_Dublin15 wrote: »
    when I send a text it is taking up almost twice as many credits as it should do.

I thought the whole idea of the webtexts was that it doesn't use up any credit??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Tawfee wrote: »
    I thought the whole idea of the webtexts was that it doesn't use up any credit??

I presume he means the allowance of free webtexts you're allowed to send each month (250).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, use GSM chars (160 allowed), if you use Unicode, like a different language with non-english letters, you only get 70 chars per text.

All explained here http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/About+O2/Terms+and+Conditions/O2.ie/Web+text/

No scam.

Advertisement