Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford planning practice

Options
  • 04-07-2009 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Waterford county planners are making their own rules now and ignoring everyone including the DOE legislation.
    Here are a few proven examples;
    You can have an entrance now to your site with no sightlines whatsoever.
    You can get retention for an extra floor in your house, without having it shown on the drawings or even mentioning it.
    You are called vexatious if you complain about a neighbours perculation that is seeping into your land.
    They impose conditions that knowingly cannot be complied with.
    They will ignore information brought to their attention regarding misleading and falsified drawings, and carry on regardless with the application, instead of making the applicant apply again, like all other councils.

Is there anybody out there that has had planning turned down because of poor sightlines or any of these issues. This can`t be the only case in Waterford.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Moved to Waterford County forum. Mods, feel free to move it elsewhere if I'm wrong (was thinking of moving it to Construction and Planning but wasn't sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wpi

Please do the move .I did not know how.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I did - just wrote that to explain why it had been moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

You can have an entrance now to your site with no sightlines whatsoever

I would like to know how this is the case and what evidence is there for this statement. I have had my planning permission refused 3 times, twice for the sightlines not being enough....so I would really like to know where "no sightline" were granted?

My site is:
    1. for my family home
    2. the land is in my fathers name over 33yrs
    3. i have a genuine housing need.
    4. I have legal entitlment to access the site.
    5. Any other person in this country can access this laneway to my site but If
    build a house on my site it in some way "now makes it a traffic hazzard" even though 50,000 people can also use this access safely every day 365days a year.

NO common sense is ever applyed to these cases and in my case it is the only hope I have to build a house. They destroy live's with a stroke of a pen and no one cares.

would love to hear your comments and a reply about the above comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wpi

Did I tell you to look at Wayerford planning ref <snip>.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Please dont post anything that easily identifies you or your neighbours. This includes planning reference numbers.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Katz83

You can have an entrance now to your site with no sightlines whatsoever

I would like to know how this is the case and what evidence is there for this statement. I have had my planning permission refused 3 times, twice for the sightlines not being enough....so I would really like to know where "no sightline" were granted?

My site is:
    1. for my family home
    2. the land is in my fathers name over 33yrs
    3. i have a genuine housing need.
    4. I have legal entitlment to access the site.
    5. Any other person in this country can access this laneway to my site but If
    build a house on my site it in some way "now makes it a traffic hazzard" even though 50,000 people can also use this access safely every day 365days a year.

NO common sense is ever applyed to these cases and in my case it is the only hope I have to build a house. They destroy live's with a stroke of a pen and no one cares.

would love to hear your comments and a reply about the above comment.

Hi we have applied for planning. I saw a letter on our planning app from the RAI. It said something about the council abiding by the COP in relation to our application. Im just wondering did you planning have a simmilar letter. We have poor sightlines and just hoping we will get it. Did you ever get your planning/

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

Katz83 wrote: »
    Hi we have applied for planning. I saw a letter on our planning app from the RAI. It said something about the council abiding by the COP in relation to our application. Im just wondering did you planning have a simmilar letter. We have poor sightlines and just hoping we will get it. Did you ever get your planning/

contact a local councillor to ensure that any problems or issues can be ironed out prior to any decidon being made by the planners.

Advertisement