Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 - Time to gloat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

eoferrall wrote: »
    did you buy him or promote from academy?

If I have my academy at full stars, will my recruits be as good as a team in division one say even though I am in division 4?

No I bought him for 30k

The Y.A. pull system is being changed so now is not the time to invest. Before the change if you invested 50k for 8 weeks you would have a top class academy but now it seems the players improve most from playing games for the Y.A. also Less extraordinary players 205cm+ 135kg+ players are coming from the Y.A. this is another thing that has been changed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

ajeffares wrote: »
    No I bought him for 30k

The Y.A. pull system is being changed so now is not the time to invest. Before the change if you invested 50k for 8 weeks you would have a top class academy but now it seems the players improve most from playing games for the Y.A. also Less extraordinary players 205cm+ 135kg+ players are coming from the Y.A. this is another thing that has been changed

cool, well i was not going to start investing yet - need to increase stadium and go up a division at least to get the revenue to enable me to spend 50k a week!!:eek: so stadium and training facilities are first call this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

ajeffares wrote: »
    Another BP win for me:D

ya me too. All the other teams in this div 4 league suck really bad. I beat all the teams like 50, 60 or even 90 nil each time just with playing normal or wnwim. There 3 bot teams but the rest aren't. I suppose i can't complain. Lets me able to concentrate on the boards cup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Another BP win for me too. Played a number of reserves and WNWIM and won 76-0. 10 points clear in the league and 6th in the promotion tables. Happy bunny :)

Didnt wake up intime to check team and my sub prob is playing OH because my first choice is injured...:( could be a long game... :( missed both kicks so far!!

• Advertisement

"[URL="javascript:playerClick(6494832);"]O'Donnelan[/URL] is one of three [URL="javascript:teamClick(9410);"]Leinster Super Stars[/URL] players the ref fingers for not coming in from behind the hindmost foot. The ref makes a nice 'gate' shape to illustrate his point - put that man in the YMCA crew!"

Love it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

I'm playing my league leaders today and we are 17-0 up so far! I'll take the top spot in the league if i win with a bonus point!

My guys are gettng stuck in! Three injurys on their side so far, this was the latest:

"It look like Rabuffetti took a big hit somewhere during the previous passage of play, he's looking quite 'drunk'. On the ref-mike, we can hear him telling Galway physio how pleased he is to be in Beijing for the Olympics! Oh dear."

Didnt wake up intime to check team and my sub prob is playing OH because my first choice is injured...:( could be a long game... :( missed both kicks so far!!

Won 26-3 not too bad with a prop at OH, he got a decent rating and got 3/4 conversions...all in all a good day with the team out. think they may have TNT'd me!

And first second in the promotion table (blackout must update other leagues later!:o

Won 72-5 with one of my centres scoring 4 tries.... what's puzzling me is that he didn't even get MOTM! Moved to fifth on the promotion tables too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

48 - 0 Pretty happy, im now 3 points clear in my league :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Do you guys at the top of the promotion table play LTNT for every match?

I've won all my matches and I'm dominating my league, but I played WNWIM in a match I knew I'd win, but I dropped the bonus point... so now I'm even further behind you jerks :pac:

So, do you ever risk a less than top class performance in the league?

I've won all my matches and I'm dominating my league, but I played WNWIM in a match I knew I'd win, but I dropped the bonus point... so now I'm even further behind you jerks :pac:

Yup i do quite regularly - though regretting it now as put out reserves and played NWIM and ended up losing...and dropping the ball at least 3/4 times in scoring position!:mad:

So suffice to say I have gone from 2nd on the promotions table to god knows where! but as long as I win my league and get promoted I will regard it as successful season! :D

Yup i do quite regularly - though regretting it now as put out reserves and played NWIM and ended up losing...and dropping the ball at least 3/4 times in scoring position!:mad:

So suffice to say I have gone from 2nd on the promotions table to god knows where! but as long as I win my league and get promoted I will regard it as successful season! :D

Ah yeah, if I get promoted it'll be a success, but the aul promotion table race is a bit stressful, I mean the boys at the top have to constantly score high and not drop a point.
    Also, this bonus money lark... does that get paid to the people who come top 3 etc in the promotion table or top 3 in their league tables?

Ah yeah, if I get promoted it'll be a success, but the aul promotion table race is a bit stressful, I mean the boys at the top have to constantly score high and not drop a point.
    Also, this bonus money lark... does that get paid to the people who come top 3 etc in the promotion table or top 3 in their league tables?

Last season I got half the money for the league position (2nd) and then half the money for your position after the play-offs (3rd). afaik this has changed now to rest 100% on your league position after the playoffs. the promotion tables do not impact your bonus - but someone with experience of actually been on the promotions table may correct me! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Last season I got half the money for the league position (2nd) and then half the money for your position after the play-offs (3rd). afaik this has changed now to rest 100% on your league position after the playoffs. the promotion tables do not impact your bonus - but someone with experience of actually been on them may correct me! :P

that change doesnt come into effect until next season.

I usually play normal intensity unless I'm up against 2 or 3 in the league, it's usually enough for me to get my bp. I'm more interested in winning the league, promotion table is a bonus in my view. I'm also trying to compete in the boards.ie cup which I suppose is why I play normally unless I need to do otherwise.

Still a tad confused, but I'm getting the jist that the promotion tables don't reeeally matter. Damn, I've just gone up to 6 on the aul div 4 table

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Still a tad confused, but I'm getting the jist that the promotion tables don't reeeally matter. Damn, I've just gone up to 6 on the aul div 4 table

If you win your play-offs, then the promotion tables come into to play. If you are in the top half, you are automatically promoted, if you are in the bottom half then you have to win a further game to promote.

Nice reference to the england italy match I have no doubt in the last 6 nations! :D
    blackout wrote:
    Barnett spins out a real Bergamasco of a pass in the general direction of Mathieson!At least I think it's headed in his direction....

Orizio wrote: »
    If you win your play-offs, then the promotion tables come into to play. If you are in the top half, you are automatically promoted, if you are in the bottom half then you have to win a further game to promote.

There are still play-offs when you win your league? Damn, I assumed the play-offs were only for those in the bottom of the promo tables. Bah! I should have read the rules. Now I have even less idea about what I'm up to

• Advertisement

gerald10.png

My new team logo

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

So its a sure thing that my league is sown up. Playing two bots in my last two games and will have one of them then in the playoffs again.
    Im looking forward to being in a competitive league, with hard matches every week. At least it will give me a better idea of the teams progress and if they really are any good!!

JohnButler wrote: »
    So its a sure thing that my league is sown up. Playing two bots in my last two games and will have one of them then in the playoffs again.
    Im looking forward to being in a competitive league, with hard matches every week. At least it will give me a better idea of the teams progress and if they really are any good!!

+1

I'm sick of easy matches, I want a challenge

Im not quite sure whats happening but my oh Rabbit has 7 from 7 kicks at goal so far. He is usually a flaky b*****d!!

Ah i vaguely remember what life was like pre Blackout rugby. Its scary how its taken over my life! I might have to set up a Blackout rugby support group where people with blackout addictions can come and share there feelings and innermost thoughts.

Watch this space.

Christ, 59-0 at half time. I am over these bot matches!

Winning 38-0 at half time playing WNWIM v bot

too easy :D

50 - 0

Too selfish by Izumi, I thought...........Murray? "Yes, I agree. There's no point in running fast if you're running down the wrong road!"

:pac: Haven't seen that one before

PLaying a bot myself and its currently at 66-0 tasty!

also had this gem from the comentary:
    Blackout wrote:
    Ankers is one of three County Carlow Rams players the ref fingers for not coming in from behind the hindmost foot. The ref makes a nice 'gate' shape to illustrate his point - put that man in the YMCA crew!

• Advertisement

71-0

too easy!

Advertisement