Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 - Time to gloat

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Finished 4th on the aul promotion tables, so which three of ye hoors beat me? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

suppafly wrote: »
    Question: I have a bot team for the semi-final of the playoffs. I'm wondering should i play normal match intensity instead of WNWIM just be sure?
    I would. Be rather embarrassing if something went wrong:D
    suppafly wrote: »
    Also is the final played the week after?
    The semi is on the friday, the final is next day on the saturday.
    Due to the excitement and intensity surrounding the Playoffs, the final push of the season, players can generally perform at a level which is less susceptible to fatigue.
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/help.documentation.php#category=18

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I am playing a bot team in the semi's and I will be playing WNWIM.

Will then play normal in the final, and LTNT in the GS.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Wish I was playing a bot team - still can't decide whether to risk normal so i have TNT for Gaelic Showdown... sigh decisions! I want to play normal but safety first is in the back of my mind!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

I have 100% LTNT so I will be letting it all go for the Semi's, Finals and Showdown. Let's get 2 trophies in 3 days Gentlemen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Good luck to everyone today (except Ballyturin Wasps... my rivals lol). See you all in a few hours for the gloating part... too nervous right now!

Seems I finished number 3 in the promotion tables! Wuhahahahah, I shall go back to those threads many moons ago when people said I could never catch 'em! Wuhahahahah. To evil gentlemen, to evil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

The bauld Gnomes secured top spot on the promo tables!! Hoozah!!

Back in the red now financially due to a spending spree on stadium expansions and facilities. Time to sell a couple of players for some seriously large figures. Heres hoping the TM is as daft as the end of last season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

That 100k prize money and playoff gate takings was nice :). just plunged myself back into debt again with an expansion of my stadium though. Hopefully i can shift a few players too for lots of money :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

JohnButler wrote: »
    Heres hoping the TM is as daft as the end of last season!

From my limited experience it feels like it is. I foolishly tried to buy some players with the end of season cash. Obviously everyone else is as well and I've just seen one of the 11000 csr players I was biding on go for over 20000! I don't buy much but that looks just plain silly.

Would anyone with more experience of the transfer market be able to let me know if that actually is as silly as it felt? Maybe post up some pointers?

For the moment I think 'll expand the stadium a bit and sit on the rest of the cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

MarVeL wrote: »
    From my limited experience it feels like it is. I foolishly tried to buy some players with the end of season cash. Obviously everyone else is as well and I've just seen one of the 11000 csr players I was biding on go for over 20000! I don't buy much but that looks just plain silly.

Would anyone with more experience of the transfer market be able to let me know if that actually is as silly as it felt? Maybe post up some pointers?

For the moment I think 'll expand the stadium a bit and sit on the rest of the cash

Wait a month or so, presuming you can keep the money. Spending at the start and end of a season is always silly, as the market price for players is inflated by the new money entering Blackout.

Also, buy (very) young, and pay attention to getting good non-changeable attributes.

You're not wrong. Just got slightly outbid on this player

Aldo Bongarzone
    19 years old | 9,256 csr
    $5,000,000 Offered by Sanca C.C
    Deadline: Monday 12th Oct 9:11pm
    Player ID: 6613236
    Plays for: Sanca C.C
    Nationality: Argentina
    Salary: $65,515 ($4,095 per week)
    Weight: 105kg
    Height: 204cm

Jersey:
    Right handed, right footed, in average form, and perfect energy levels.
    A conservative player with controlled discipline, satisfactory leadership, and non-existent experience.
    Stamina: Average Handling: Satisfactory
    Attack: Reputable Defense: Average
    Technique: Satisfactory Strength: Satisfactory
    Jumping: Decent Speed: Moderate
    Agility: Limited Kicking: Horrible

Who has that much cash to throw around and why?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

You're not wrong. Just got slightly outbid on this player

Aldo Bongarzone
    19 years old | 9,256 csr
    $5,000,000 Offered by Sanca C.C
    Deadline: Monday 12th Oct 9:11pm
    Player ID: 6613236
    Plays for: Sanca C.C
    Nationality: Argentina
    Salary: $65,515 ($4,095 per week)
    Weight: 105kg
    Height: 204cm

Jersey:
    Right handed, right footed, in average form, and perfect energy levels.
    A conservative player with controlled discipline, satisfactory leadership, and non-existent experience.
    Stamina: Average Handling: Satisfactory
    Attack: Reputable Defense: Average
    Technique: Satisfactory Strength: Satisfactory
    Jumping: Decent Speed: Moderate
    Agility: Limited Kicking: Horrible

Who has that much cash to throw around and why?????

5 million on that player? madness!!:eek: has good height and weight for 2nd row but the training required.... 5 million...madness for that I would want player with good untrainable AND most of his skills quite high...

as above if I had 5 mill wait a month and buy several players BETTER players with the same money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

That seems very fishy to me. Dodgy dealings perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

JohnButler wrote: »
    That seems very fishy to me. Dodgy dealings perhaps?

Yeah, i'd have reported it tbh. At least two more zeros than there should be in that price.

I think you find this quite a lot lads.

Basically, a manager gets totally pissed off playing the game and decides to commit financial suicide. They spend all there money on the TM and then go broke, so that their team is forfeited within 2 weeks.

Then they start again.

I saw this happening before and I reported it. Igot the response above.

I bet if you check the team that is making the purchase, they were probably beaten in a playoff final or something.

It is so rampant after the playoffs that you will see a lot of useless players listed with a price tag of 1 million + just in the hope that some manager wants out of the game and will spend.

Interesting strategy !!

Is it just me or was that player bought by the team he already played for? Chancer.

He is indeed. didn't spot that in the shock. Wonder did he change his mind about selling or is he trying to boost the price.

Either way where did he get the 5,000,000 from? How is that attainable in the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I would say its probably what jprender was saying because when he wins he'll get killed on the tax of the transfer

He is indeed. didn't spot that in the shock. Wonder did he change his mind about selling or is he trying to boost the price.

Either way where did he get the 5,000,000 from? How is that attainable in the game?

You don't have to have 5mill to bid on your own player.

The software looks at what you are getting for the player and allows you to use that money. So you can bid any amount you like for your own player. As said above, the tax will kill his team, so he can start a new one.

• Advertisement

I'm a bit disappointed at the moment, I promoted a player from my youth team, actually looks better than a few of my regular players but I had him earmarked for sale... anyhows, no bids on him at the moment, but any guess on what I might expect for the lad?
    17 year old, 9,000+ CSR, aggressive & controlled, lowest stat is 5 with 9 agility and handling. Decent back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I'm a bit disappointed at the moment, I promoted a player from my youth team, actually looks better than a few of my regular players but I had him earmarked for sale... anyhows, no bids on him at the moment, but any guess on what I might expect for the lad?
    17 year old, 9,000+ CSR, aggressive & controlled, lowest stat is 5 with 9 agility and handling. Decent back.

I'M throwing up 2 10k+ csr guys from youth academy today and hope to get some good bids. Cash in on some of the new money or many even some of the managers who want out. 5 mill would be pretty handy :)

With 5mil I may just be able to make my team ready for the Div3 onslaught! :o

Advertisement