Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Au pair in galway for July looking for friends (age 20)

Options
  • 04-07-2009 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi everybody !
    I'm a french au pair in Galway for July and i'd like to meet some people, either irish or from abroad to spend time with and go out in the city, because i don't know anyone out here.
    Don't hesitate to contact me !
    Juliette

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Hey Juliette.

can I just say the internet might not be the best place to start :D:D.

From my expierence Galway is a place where if you go out for a coffee, read a book somewhere you will meet people.
    That said if you do indeed know nobody I'd gladly meet you for a cup of coffee and give you the local gossip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nanou

I'd be glad too, i could just speak to people in the street but i'm actually too shy for that...:o
    I'm available in the afternoons, any day, just tell me when and where you'd like to take a coffe
    See ya : )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Nanou wrote: »
    Hi everybody !
    I'm a french au pair in Galway for July and i'd like to meet some people, either irish or from abroad to spend time with and go out in the city, because i don't know anyone out here.
    Don't hesitate to contact me !
    Juliette

Rule 1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Come to the next Boards Beers, on the 11th: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055604389

Don't be shy, only about half of the people who show up to these things are weirdos :p

A good place to meet a mixture of both Irish and foreign people is Arus na Gael on Dominick St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

cornbb wrote: »
    weirdos :p

I'm 42 - I could be two of your friends...?

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'm 42 - I could be two of your friends...?

'cptr

Nah, maybe one and a bit ;)

I was only messing, everyone who turns up to these things tends to be pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Nanou, I'm friends with another French Au Pair. We could all meet up for a coffee sometime if you want :)

Just send me a pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I was just about to suggest another francophone for Nanou to contact but she already posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Nanou, I'm friends with another French Au Pair. We could all meet up for a coffee sometime if you want :)

Just send me a pm.
    Galway Beers? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

God the Galway board has gotten awful civilized in it's old age. There was a time when a thread like this would be full of innuendoes and general cheeky comments. Good luck finding friends OP, I'm sure you'll have no trouble! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

cornbb wrote: »
    Nah, maybe one and a bit ;)

I was only messing, everyone who turns up to these things tends to be pretty cool.

I wasn't talking to YOU - I was talking to the nice French Laydee.

I've been to Boards Beers before and I sat alone, stalking and taking pics on my camera phone. I'm not very sociable, I don't like strangers and I am a figment of my own imagination.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

I wasn't talking to YOU - I was talking to the nice French Laydee.

I've been to Boards Beers before and I sat alone, stalking and taking pics on my camera phone. I'm not very sociable, I don't like strangers and I am a figment of my own imagination.

'cptr

Sounds like you have a vivid imagination. Go for a beer and mingle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KatieOH

Coucou !

I worked as an aupair in France a few years ago. I know how difficult it can be to meet new people and it's nice to have some adult conversation from time to time when you're spending all your time looking after children ^^ Anyway I'd be quite happy to meet for a coffee sometime. Language courses in the Bridge Mills are a good way of meeting lots of people of different nationalities.

Katie ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eirefa

Hello! I am a 18 year-old spanish girl who is working in Galway.I would like to know how I can find irish people of my age, just to have a chat. My interests are travelling (love Canada, USA, Ireland, Norway, Denmark..), oil painting, folk music, hiking, outings around the area, cycling, English (I am studying a Degree in English), yoga...

I am here from late June and I am finding quite difficult to meet local people since I cannot go out in the evenings because I either work or have to cycle home and as it is a long cycle...I want to come back early. I do not like to cycle at night-time! too dangerous for me :)

If anyone could suggest any kind of solution, I will be very grateful!!

A language exchange would be perfect for me but it is much more difficult to find, isn't it???

THANKS A MILLION!!!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hola eirefa, I put your post in with some similar posts. Get in touch with people in the thread if you like.
    Welcome to boards, and Galway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eirefa

I have found quite hard to post my ad... hehe I am not very good at computers... I am afraid.
    Thank you very much!! I love Galway!!!!!! :p

Let's see if I find somebody to meet up!

Advertisement