Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork - Dog Parks/Places for dog walking?

Options
  • 04-07-2009 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Heya all,

We're new to Cork and its area - and have two dogs that desperately need a good long run! :) Now there are plenty of fields around us, but I don't fancy trespassing or the dogs running a muck on farmers fields, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any parks/places that are suitable to take energetic dogs on their W A L K S? ;)

We're currently situated just north of Blackpool, but soon moving to Mallow so places in between or around these areas would be awesome!

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Hello

I remember there was a park area just outside Cork before you turn off for Blarney. We often walked our dog there when we were in the area. In Mallow I have often seen people walk their dogs by the river accross from lidl.

http://www.staydoggy.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 twenty8twelve

Thanks! :D I think I know where you mean, we'll be on an exploring expedition tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Heya all,

We're new to Cork and its area - and have two dogs that desperately need a good long run! :) Now there are plenty of fields around us, but I don't fancy trespassing or the dogs running a muck on farmers fields, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any parks/places that are suitable to take energetic dogs on their W A L K S? ;)

We're currently situated just north of Blackpool,
    Some of the walking locations that have been submitted to my site:
    Out the Lee fields is a good place. Lots of folks take their dogs out there.

You're near enough to the Glen Amenity Park - Be careful of walking in the Glen park (near enough to Blackpool) due to kids on those quads.

Passage west railway line
    but soon moving to Mallow so places in between or around these areas would be awesome!

Thanks in advance :D
    Just out the road from Mallow is Doneraile Wildlife park, great walks there for when you move but best off keeping dogs on leads unless they have 100% recall, due to the stock there.

Out the other side of Mallow on the Killarney road, there's a fantastic forest in Newmarket thats great for walks.

Advertisement