Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Music in the Dún Laoghaire area..

Options
  • 04-07-2009 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm gonna be living in Dun Laoghaire for a few months and I'm just wondering if there's any decent live music venues nearby..

Also, if anybody has any info on good Trad Sessions - that would be most welcome.

Where's the best place for a good pint of Guinness? :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Try the Purty Kitchen for trad sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Walters in Dun Laoghaire has live music, although not so "Trad". Not sure about the best pint of Guiness, but it is pretty good in my local, the Charles Fitzgerald.

When you say the Dun Laoghaire area, it does cover quite a large area, can you be more specific?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

The best place for a good pint of Guinness is Dunphys pub which is just outside Bloomfields.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Also, if anybody has any info on good Trad Sessions - that would be most welcome.

Ivory in Dalkey on Wednesdays I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Thanks for the replies everybody. I tipped into Dunphy's on my way to Bloomfields on Thursday. Nice little pub, great pints and friendly staff.

They also do a pint of Beamish for €4 - can't go wrong there.

Where is Walters? Haven't come across it yet.. I'll check out the other places mentioned for trad.

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Walters is all the way down Georges Street (Lower and Upper) direction Glasthule. It's almost on the corner of Peoples Park, on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Ah great. Might check it out later if the gf is up for it.

Thanks xia. :)

Advertisement