Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can this happen?

• 04-07-2009 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

i was shopping with my gf today, and as we were just about to leave she got a call from her mother's phone (or so we thought), except it wasn't her mother talking- it was a man with a heavy indian accent.We assumed the phone had been robbed.

He said to her "I'm looking for F*cks" and then proceeded to curse and shout like you've never seen before. My GF was distraught and rang her dad immediately.
    He gave the phone straight to the GF's mother, who explained that she was grand and that her phone had not left her pocket since she left the house.

So basically my GF got a call , seemingly from her mam's phone, while her mam's phone was with her the whole time?

Can people clone simcards or the likes without others knowing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

could have been someone messing with VOIP...Of course it's far more likely someone took her phone and changed the number for Mom...

Advertisement