Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I got a package this morning.......

Options
  • 04-07-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Well not actually this morning but two days ago, ive been too busy playing to throw up the manditory thread, finally managed to calm myself down though so here it is:

Guitar-big.jpg

Its killer to play, its like guitar hero but way more complex, 8 buttons and a shockng pink paintjob :).

For anyone else whos interesd i got this aswell

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00020-1.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

Its a 72' fender telecaster deluxe reissue for anyone who didnt already know. Plays, feels and sounds like the bees knees, no way would you ever think it was MIM. Infact it feels better than some usa teles ive played. This one in particular has had the pots changed to 500 ohms instead of the usual 250, it brightens up its sound considerably. Now I have my ltd viper for metal, and this for everything else so im set guitar wise. Next purchase should be a nice guitar amp, me thinks a jcm200dsl and an orange 2X12 and il be set. For now though....the gas remains!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Good choice. Had almost bought the same tele earlier in the year. The 500k pot upgrade seems to be the first thing everyone does on this guitar to improve the sound. Where'd you get it? You mind me asking how much? A new one was settin me back about €550 in january. Haven't checked them in a while though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

nice guitar dude,very thom yorke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

LOL class:D ....Patricide good luck with the axe (the black one that is) she is a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Ooh, very nice! Looks gorgeous!

Now you just need to put one of these on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

awsome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Nice! I had one of those last year in white. They're cool guitars. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

El Pr0n wrote: »

oh yeah,and the cherry!

159980.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

El Pr0n wrote: »

Nah i think im going to keep it stock boyos, well bar an earvana compensated nut which is on its way to me and I lobbed on a set of grover 18:1 locking machine heads today. I set me back 650 with a case and pot upgrade secon hand thanks to adverts. I wish i snapped em up a few months ago when it were cheaper due to the aul exchange but yarg, didnt have the funds back then. Still im happy with what i paid for it, deffinatly worth the scratch...

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Last Angry Man

you forgot to mention the amazing box it came in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

I've been gasing for one of these myself lately. Do they still retain that tele twang with the humbuckers?

• Advertisement

you forgot to mention the amazing box it came in ;)
    Yeah more like amazingly hard to open :p...haha.

Ball Ox, its got a little bit of a twang still there but it deffinatly sounds different to your average tele. At the moment all i can run it through is a small crappy fender practice amp so i cant say for certain.Ive got my mates hiwatt in the practice space though so il give a go with that later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

that would sound sweet thru my mini :p

MiniZ_Head-Front.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomas911

1972? So what? It's second hand? Yuck!

Just kidding, looks class:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

And they called it.. Puppy loooveeeee :p

22092010048.jpg

22092010046.jpg

Gotta love that tele deluxe magic ;)

O just after realizing from this thread that i never did get around to that earvana nut :(. Sooon!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Patricide wrote: »
    O just after realizing from this thread that i never did get around to that earvana nut :(. Sooon!

How much and available from thomann/musicstore?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Handyman1

A wicked tool :cool: Fire something on UTUBE so we can have a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

Patricide wrote: »
    Well not actually this morning but two days ago, ive been too busy playing to throw up the manditory thread, finally managed to calm myself down though so here it is:

Guitar-big.jpg

Its killer to play, its like guitar hero but way more complex, 8 buttons and a shockng pink paintjob :).

My daughter has that guitar too!! :D
    The intonation isn't great, especially on the higher registers.

Oh, clips and/or video or it's a bugeracaster!!

I think your going to have to buy from the company but its somewhere around 30 - 60 bucks. Well worth it. Clarity in chords is unreal!

• Advertisement
Advertisement