Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest waste collection service in Cork county?

Options
  • 04-07-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Anyone know which is the cheapest waste collection service in Cork county?

I live alone so wouldn't have much rubbish to start off with, I work down in Macroom so have been taking my recycling and rubbish to the civic amenity site there but they've had cut backs and now aren't open during lunchtimes anymore which makes things awkward for me as they're closed by the time I finish work and I end up having to make an extra trip down there on Saturdays when I have no other reason to go there! Also, they have started charging €3 for entry now.

How much are the County Council charging for waste collection now?

The cheapest I seem to have found is Wiser...at least on their website it says from as little as €22 per month.

Are there any other companies I don't know about?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

What about the council collection , don't they have a pay by weight system & recycling. I think that charge for going into the bring center is stupid . If somebody is going to the trouble to seperate their recycling & bring it to the council bins the 3 Euro charge is only the start next year they will increase it again. That is going to start even more dumping around the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Cassidy1

Hi i dont know what the Council are doing at the moment - I know they were mad deer. I switched to Country Clean in Mallow. I dont know what areas they go to but they cost me €26 odd per month direct debit last week of every month no matter what you put in.

To get bins it is €100.00 plus €50.00 to keep you paid up for two month. When i rang the lady on the phone offered me two used bins for just €50.00 which was a saving of €50.00.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Toxica wrote: »

How much are the County Council charging for waste collection now?

It's €45 a quarter standing charge, plus €0.50 a kilo for refuse. Recycling is free.

I'm mostly by myself and recycle almost everything so it cost me not much more than €200 a year (Including the €180 for the standing charges).

Overall, very happy with the service.

Also, don't forget that you can claim tax relief on these charges, you can get 20% or 41% back as tax credits depending on what tax band you are in.

Advertisement