Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GB3CP on the air

• 04-07-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

hi all just a heads up GB3CP is on the air 145.7375 ctcss 110.9 located on carnmore point between lisnaskea and roslea in co.fermangh should have excellent range active at the minute a lot of call in's hope to hear ye on the repeater

EI2GFB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

Declan,

I'll have a listen for it when Tropo conditions permit, although I have only vertical for 145MHz and living on the South Coast, yagi's for 2M are not installed on mast this season.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

It's a S5 (127km) here on my 11el Tonna (horz) put a few calls through but no answer,

Lets hope its not as cliquey as the other repeaters where you have to be one of the boys to get a answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

It's a S5 (127km) here on my 11el Tonna (horz) put a few calls through but no answer,

Lets hope its not as cliquey as the other repeaters where you have to be one of the boys to get a answer.

hi thats not a bad signal at all horz whats your qth? the repeater aint cliquey were all open to new people calling in and the repeater was put up for that sole reason im surprised no one came back it should be more active midweek with lads out mobile at work and so on, if you can receive that repeater there is a good chance you should get a net myself and a good few operate most nights on s17 give a call in if you can hear us again thanks fo sig report

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

Hi Declan i am just outside kildare town.

it was this morning so maybe no one around or maybe i was not that strong throught it.

i only have Horz here nothing verticle for 2m so i dont think i would get ye on s17 but i have heard activity on the FREQ and spoke to some of the lads before.

best of luck with the repeater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 2e0bmi

Hey guy's my name is James 2e0bmi. I live in UK SE
    Please tell me if there is a website for the repeater and also can some one please send me a audio file of the repeater as I am a very interested to hear and see GB3CP operating good launch on the repeater guys keep up the good work.

... -.-
    S K
    2e0bmi

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Worked the repeater yesterday from here (Blanchardstown area) - it was S3 to 4 with me - using vertical and 50W. I reckon it's about 70 miles from where I am, so that's not bad coverage. I gather there's already plans for an antenna upgrade at the repeater site.

Seems to be quite hilly around that area of Fermanagh, some of the mobiles were in and out of coverage even though they were relatively close. Nothing we can do about hills though! :)

Advertisement