Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP! Bmw E46 316 Boot problem

• 04-07-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    A friend of mine has a 2004 E46 316 saloon (facelift).
    The problem is that when the key is in the ignition, she can't open the boot and has to turn off the engine and press the button on the key to unkock it. It's not auto-locking 'cos the doors don't lock at all when you move off.
    I know its a security measure but does anyone know of a way to disable it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hey all,
    A friend of mine has a 2004 E46 316 saloon (facelift).
    The problem is that when the key is in the ignition, she can't open the boot and has to turn off the engine and press the button on the key to unkock it. It's not auto-locking 'cos the doors don't lock at all when you move off.
    I know its a security measure but does anyone know of a way to disable it?

Yea you can disable it, so that the boot will lock / unlock with the central locking. It should be in the owners manual, but from memory you just turn the key anti clock wise in the boot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

Does the boot button inside at the driver side kick panel work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

don't know about the button on the kick panel, i'll say it to her. I'll get her to try the key too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

she needs to turn the key in the boot lock and then it should open with the button on the boot rather then with only the key,

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

MacGyver wrote: »
    she needs to turn the key in the boot lock and then it should open with the button on the boot rather then with only the key,

+1

The lock is at present sitting left to right in the boot lid.
    Put it in and have it in the vertical position, it will now operate with the central locking.

If your car is setup to open the driver door only on the remote, and press again to open passenger doors, then the boot will only be unlocked on the second press too. So if the rest of the doors are locked you will need to press the lock button beside the gear gaiter twice [once to lock all doors, twice then opens all doors] to unlock the boot, OR open the door, and press the lock button once.

• Advertisement
Advertisement