Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for good horror books that arent by Stephen King and Dean Koontz?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

I would recommend anything by Clive Barker - really enjoyed his 'Books of Blood' - excellent stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭DTrotter

Let the Right One In is very good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

DTrotter wrote: »
    Let the Right One In is very good.

just started it. it seems pretty dark for the first 30 pages or so.
    ill let you know how i get on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

The Hunger, the Last Vampire and Lillith's Dream by Whitley Streiber. All beat the **** out of the Twilight books. Best vampire horror I've ever read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭DTrotter

CatFromHue wrote: »
    just started it. it seems pretty dark for the first 30 pages or so.
    ill let you know how i get on

Do let us know, it's dark overall, only problem is there seems to be somethings lost in translation. Personally I think the Twilight crowd should be made read it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

speedy2007 wrote: »
    I love scary books, but its so hard to find decent ones.
    People always mention koontz and king but there must be more than them out there. Ive read a few James Herbert which were good. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Cheers

Go for the real KING of Horror ...........Robert R McCammon
    Swan Song
    Stinger
    Ushers Passing
    The Wolfs Hour
    are all top notch books.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Also try the "Necroscope" series from Brian Lumley , top notch horror with a unique take on Vampires.
    Not to be missed.

Advertisement