Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

percentage of broadband in ireland

Options
  • 04-07-2009 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

I R E L A N D

spa33.gif[SIZE=-1]IE - 4,156,119 population - Country Area: 70,273 sq km[/SIZE]

spa33.gif[SIZE=-1]Capital city: Dublin - population 1,036,724 ('07)[/SIZE]

spa33.gif[SIZE=-1]2,410,549 Internet users as of July/08, 58.0% p.r., per IMS.[/SIZE]

spa33.gif[SIZE=-1]805,900 Broadband subscribers as of June/08, per ITU, 19.4% p.r.[/SIZE]

right - but take out children from that and people living under one house with a broadband connection etc

what would people think the true usage of broadband/internet in ireland is

would you reckon that of people who arent homeless, about 90% or more have access to the internet in their house?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

I read somewhere recently the broadband usage in Ireland has gone up some 30% in the last year alone. Cant find a source for that atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Firefox10 wrote: »
    I read somewhere recently the broadband usage in Ireland has gone up some 30% in the last year alone. Cant find a source for that atm.

The government and Comreg will include mobile midband in their figures, which they shouldn't. The OECD don't include them, because 3G, Satellite, Clearwire, Ripwave and similar are not broadband.

I would doubt there's anything close to 90% of households with Internet access.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i pulled figures from a couple of sites a while ago which indicated that 42% of households in Ireland had broadband. i'll assume (for no reason other than 42% seems high for Ireland without them) that included all the midband customers too, but of course now that I actually want it I can't find the info. :(

i think i found figures for how many households had broadband from one servey and then found out how many households there were in total in Ireland and worked out the % from that.

Advertisement