Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vw beetle with porsche 911 bodykit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sweet mother of good. :eek:

Almost as bad as a Ferrari MR2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Actually saw a MR2 ''Ferrari'' today in Sligo. It did look the part :eek:

There was a Beetle with Whale Tail going round in early 90's. At the time I thought it was the bees knees, but then again I was 10 or 11 :o

You can just imagine how much rot and steel cancer in going on under that kit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭fabsoul

omg so bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

The weight of those kits is unbelievable - even though they're fibreglass they're seriously heavy and the Beetle isn't that powerful to begin with

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm sure the corrosion underneath will offset the weight of the fillers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

that is horrible !! even worse than years ago i remember every 3rd bettle where i lived having the 53 and stripes like "herbie" even a brown rust bucket i can remember ............... so i guess car styling hasnt changed much

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Just in the door and saw a 97 old shape beetle.

It was RHD too. Needed some TLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

If he took some of the "wicked" bodykit off, it'd probably

sell better. Horrible thing to do to a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

so we wrap these howlers in some plastic sheeting to resemble a 911 or a ferrari and then to say they look the part? they look hideous and to see a hairy chested mutt driving around in an mr2 pimping it as some type of ferrari deserves total derision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

the bit that scares me is

"no nct neededas its a classic"

which translated means, its a deathtrap, best of luck.

Advertisement