Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to get a website up and running?

Options
  • 04-07-2009 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Between getting a domain and finding a host what is the least you can fork out to get your webpage up live?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Probably around 30-40 euro with a US host + domain bundle, double that with an Irish provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I would ask people to remind themselves of the rules on hosting recommendations before I have to delete any more posts. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you just want a quick online presence with your contact details then register a .tel domain

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

blacknight wrote: »
    If you just want a quick online presence with your contact details then register a .tel domain

Why?

Tom: Are our costs to include web design & development, or is it just hosting and domain?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sully wrote: »
    Why?

He didn't specify what he wanted, so since a .tel includes the hosting of the .tel pages etc., it's the cheapest option for an online presence of some kind

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

blacknight wrote: »
    He didn't specify what he wanted, so since a .tel includes the hosting of the .tel pages etc., it's the cheapest option for an online presence of some kind

Nice recommendation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EZeeBOS

I would reccommend an Irish host. Better customer service and worth the extra few bob.

You can get some hosting accounts for about €30 per/year and €5 for a domain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Kingser1

You can get some web hosting for 90c per month. I have seen recently free hosting for a year when you buy any domain with .com's for about a fiver.

Worth looking into :D

Advertisement