Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best trivium song

• 04-07-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

What do you think is there best song? i'd pick Pull Harder

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

rain.

Ascendancy was class.

Everything else was ****. Sooner the better they realise Metallica has already been done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

How can you even say that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

She makes a fair point Depp, although I do have some love for Like Light to the Flies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

haha to clarify.... im a 'he'.

i should really just suscribe and be done with this messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

haha to clarify.... im a 'he'.

i should really just suscribe and be done with this messing.

whoops, can't blame really me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Jay P wrote: »

That's deadly, I've just spent the last half hour watching related videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Depp wrote: »
    I was at that Download performance; they played a fantastic show. As soon as I got home I got their Ascendancy album and played it to death. Nothing that they have done since has impressed me at all. It's like they peaked too early or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Am i the only one who thinks their albums got increasingly better?

My favourite song is probably Shogun, its got great verses, chorus and the clean bit is great. The main solo's a bit of a let down though but that little bluesy thing is good.

• Advertisement

you are not

malice_ wrote: »
    I was at that Download performance; they played a fantastic show. As soon as I got home I got their Ascendancy album and played it to death. Nothing that they have done since has impressed me at all. It's like they peaked too early or something.

you my freind are quite the lucky man, where abouts in the crowd were ye, it looks rather savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Yeah but the general thing that people say is that ascendancy is the best. It's a great album but i find The Crusade and especially Shogun to be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I have to say, Ascendancy is one of my top 5 favourite albums - pure class from start to finish. As for one song, I think the title track pips it for me.
    However like many others I'm sure, I just wasn't that impressed by their subsequent (and previous) output. Apart from 2 or 3 tracks The Crusade is fairly godawful, and Shogun is grand but nothing on their sophomore effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Depp wrote: »
    you my freind are quite the lucky man, where abouts in the crowd were ye, it looks rather savage
    As I recall Trivium were the first band on the main stage on Saturday morning. I'd been trying to hunt down something edible for breakfast when they started playing. After listening a couple of songs I headed over to the main stage and I was just in time as the place filled up very quickly. I remember looking around at one stage thinking that there's never normally that many people up checking out the first band. I ended up pretty close to the front on the right hand side.

I was also at the Trivium gig in the Ambassador a couple of years ago and while they are undeniably talented musicians, they really just seemed to be going through the motions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I think trivium were the biggest fad in metal music ever. I dunno what it was like everywhere else around Ireland but when Ascendancy came out and they were hyped up to hell by metal hammer/kerrang etc as being the saviours of metal everyone seemed to buy it down here. In tralee they suddenly became everyones favourite band and i had to hear how class they were from everyone.

I tried to get into em but there music irritated me(bar the solo section in gunshot to the head of trepidation, which i later heard was wrote by producer jason sudacoff). Anyway 6 months later people were declaring there hatred for the band, and the only people i know personally that still like em are like 14 year old metal kids who are starting off getting into metal who eventually seem grow out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

I just saw them as a watered down metal-core act at first (like a Killswitch Engage for kids with more sensitive ears), then they became a Metallica wannabe band. I've always disliked them, and likely always will. There's such a plethora of much more talented metal acts that I can't understand the infatuation the kids seem to have with them. I recently watched them for a few moments at Download and they were just boring. Seems they've sort of gone by the way-side anyway recently, so I guess all the positive press in the world can't make the band inexorably popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Patricide wrote: »
    I tried to get into em but there music irritated me(bar the solo section in gunshot to the head of trepidation, which i later heard was wrote by producer jason sudacoff). Anyway 6 months later people were declaring there hatred for the band, and the only people i know personally that still like em are like 14 year old metal kids who are starting off getting into metal who eventually seem grow out of them.

Yeah I remember everyone pretending to not like them when that "WooooOOOAAAhh" song came out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 karlm49850

lads i have triviums 4 albums and all i can say is there all master pieces and i'm proud to say that the crusade is one of my favourite albums of all times, shogun just showed how mature they are and how well they can use 7 string guitars they may have sold out but that didn't stop them making incredible songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

karlm49850 wrote: »
    lads i have triviums 4 albums and all i can say is there all master pieces and i'm proud to say that the crusade is one of my favourite albums of all times, shogun just showed how mature they are and how well they can use 7 string guitars they may have sold out but that didn't stop them making incredible songs.
    O there great musicians, im not denying that fact. I just personally dont like there music, for me nothing theyve put out could be called a masterpiece. It kinda sickens me that most of there fans put em up there with metal greats like metallica/megadeth/slayer etc.

On the plus side they introduce a hell o a lot of kids to metal. Plus they can actually play to boot.

• Advertisement

ah yeah man i get you we all have our own opinions and should be allowed voice those opinions without anyone arguing with us,
    i would put them as better than metallic and slayer just cause i rather their music but there is no denying the fact that metallica made trivium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

on a side note, they just revealed uk tour dates for 2010, expect irish dates to be announced next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

ah yeah man i get you we all have our own opinions and should be allowed voice those opinions without anyone arguing with us,
    i would put them as better than metallic and slayer just cause i rather their music but there is no denying the fact that metallica made trivium
    Dude i love trivium to death but thats just disgraceful tbh!

Best trivium song is the title track from ember, or pretty much any of ascendancy.. dont care for the crusade.. shogun was a good return to form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I enjoyed Ascendancy, but the rest of their albums don't do much for me. Best song by them is probably either Ascendancy or Pull Harder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

malice_ wrote: »

I watched them at download too, they where great! :D I actually still like the the anthem - we are the fire

I watched them at download too, they where great! :D I actually still like the the anthem - we are the fire
    Dont you mean "The Antfarm, we're standing at the Ant Farm"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭cianl1

I loved Ember to Inferno, but Ascendancy was just their best bar none. I agree with the point made that they peaked way too early, but I do think Shogun was rather decent. It definitely had some class tracks, Into the Mouth of Hell We March being my favourite off that album.

As for favourite overall...:confused:

Like Light to the Flies would probably be the first think that comes to mind, but I've always had soft spots for Ascendancy and Washing Away Me in the Tides (from extended rerelease, if you didn't know already) and Blinding Tears Will Break the Skies.

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Dude i love trivium to death but thats just disgraceful tbh!

Best trivium song is the title track from ember, or pretty much any of ascendancy.. dont care for the crusade.. shogun was a good return to form.

ah dude i can't listen to any full song by slayer and metallica are great but i wouldn't class them past twenty in my favourite bands i find the likes of trivium bullet avenged bodom wintersun all better just what i'm into

ah dude i can't listen to any full song by slayer and metallica are great but i wouldn't class them past twenty in my favourite bands i find the likes of trivium bullet avenged bodom wintersun all better just what i'm into

BFMV, a7x and COB would be what I would class as "childhood angst bands", as in teenagers go through a phase of liking them, then grow up, acquire some taste, and appreciate good musicianship like slayer, 'tallica, megadeth etc. Ive never heard of wintersun so i wont comment.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

thanks for you reply dude but megadeth is one of my favourite bands, but metallica really in my opinion arent that good, i have a good taste in music, a vast taste in music i like bands like trigger the bloodshed to the fray to kitte and arch enemy to bon jovi, and i respect you taste is music but that doesnt mean my tastes are any less mature thanks :)

Advertisement