Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best trivium song

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

karlm49850 wrote: »
    ah yeah man i get you we all have our own opinions and should be allowed voice those opinions without anyone arguing with us,
    i would put them as better than metallic and slayer just cause i rather their music but there is no denying the fact that metallica made trivium
    Yup, different strokes for different folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

thanks for you reply dude but megadeth is one of my favourite bands, but metallica really in my opinion arent that good, i have a good taste in music, a vast taste in music i like bands like trigger the bloodshed to the fray to kitte and arch enemy to bon jovi, and i respect you taste is music but that doesnt mean my tastes are any less mature thanks :)

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 karlm49850

Max Power1 wrote: »
    :eek:

shocked over what i said? :L

Yes! In the same sentence you've claimed to have a good taste in music, but then said you dont care for metallica, but you like bon jovi?!

I re-iterate my original :eek::eek: comment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Yes! In the same sentence you've claimed to have a good taste in music, but then said you dont care for metallica, but you like bon jovi?!

I re-iterate my original :eek::eek: comment!
    I'd be more worried about him liking Kittie to be honest :).

• Advertisement

malice_ wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about him liking Kittie to be honest :).
    LOL I'd never heard of them before so i didnt know it was a bad thing :D

haha kittie is a girl metal band and see tries scream its funny : )
    you may not think my music taste is good but its vast and i think thats what it takes to have a good music taste.
    dude i like rap hiphop dance electro hardcore and all that and i think people who don't try and open up and try new fiorms of music is just closed minded.
    but if thats there music taste i respect that and i cant say anyone has a bad music taste :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you want to see a girl screaming, go listen to Arch Enemy. It helps that Angela Gossow is rather easy on the eyes too ;)

also listen to otep they have a girl screamer and a bassist the outshine the guitarist :)

Max Power1 wrote:
    LOL I'd never heard of them before so i didnt know it was a bad thing
    Well you can check them out here and here's a video:

Kittie seemed to be everywhere a few years ago. I can't remember the exact timescale but I assume they were riding the coattails of Evanescence's explosion in popularity. Whoever was marketing them forgot that it's one thing to have people take notice of an all-girl metal band but they have to deliver song-wise. If they don't then people are going to quickly move past them.

If you're interested in women that do screaming vocals check out the previously mentioned Arch Enemy and Otep as well as The Agonist, Save, Walls of Jericho, Circle The Sky, My Ruin, Bloodlined Calligraphy, Luna Mortis, Straight Line Stitch, Rolo Tomassi and Wykked Wytch and early In This Moment.

Apologies for going completely off-topic ;)

• Advertisement

you may not think my music taste is good but its vast and i think thats what it takes to have a good music taste.
    dude i like rap hiphop dance electro hardcore and all that and i think people who don't try and open up and try new fiorms of music is just closed minded.
    but if thats there music taste i respect that and i cant say anyone has a bad music taste :P

Well I too share youre conviction on that - I like all types of music, from rap (NWA) to metal, Pop (Lady GaGa/Amy Winehouse), Rock (Foo Fighters) to Dance (cascada).... just dont get how you can like bon jovi and not metallica.. any way each to there own i guess :confused:

Continuing the OT :D may i second the recomendation of In This Moment, their album "Beautiful Tragedy" is worth a listen if female screaming is youre thing!

malice_ wrote: »
    Well you can check them out here and here's a video:

And by the way, these girls are awful! Like avril lavigne with a screaming backing track.. the music and clean vocals sound out of place with the screaming vocals!!

may i second the recomendation of In This Moment, their album "Beautiful Tragedy" is worth a listen if female screaming is youre thing!
    Maria Brink doesn't just scream, she's got quite a decent singing voice especially when she combines both clean and screamed vocals in the same song. She gets bonus points for being able to do both styles live as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

BFMV, a7x and COB

:rolleyes:

COB? really a young angst band? Never really seen them as that. Agree about Trivium,BFMV and A7X....

Went to that Trivium gig in the ambassador awhile ago... to see Gojira as support and then left:pac:

Beekay wrote: »
    COB? really a young angst band? Never really seen them as that. Agree about Trivium,BFMV and A7X....

Went to that Trivium gig in the ambassador awhile ago... to see Gojira as support and then left:pac:

I think COB's lyrical content and target audience (emo kids - similar to a7x and BFMV) would prove my point! :p

I never said Trivium were comparable to the rest of that tripe? I actually like Trivium a lot!

Well I too share youre conviction on that - I like all types of music, from rap (NWA) to metal, Pop (Lady GaGa/Amy Winehouse), Rock (Foo Fighters) to Dance (cascada).... just dont get how you can like bon jovi and not metallica.. any way each to there own i guess :confused:

Continuing the OT :D may i second the recomendation of In This Moment, their album "Beautiful Tragedy" is worth a listen if female screaming is youre thing!
    hey man i do like metallica just very littlle now just a song every othe rweek or so ya know? and thanks for the recomondation man :)

I think COB's lyrical content and target audience (emo kids - similar to a7x and BFMV) would prove my point! :p

I never said Trivium were comparable to the rest of that tripe? I actually like Trivium a lot!

children of bodom dont target emos, did you listen to them form the ineartheD days they are one of tyhe most amazing diverse musicians i ever heard (but they are my obssesion :P LOL)

hey man i do like metallica just very littlle now just a song every othe rweek or so ya know? and thanks for the recomondation man :)

Well thats a remarkable turnaround :p
    children of bodom dont target emos, did you listen to them form the ineartheD days they are one of tyhe most amazing diverse musicians i ever heard (but they are my obssesion :P LOL)

They dont say "we are emo" but theyre music always seems to attach that fan group. Theyre always lumped in with BFMV etc rather than with Deicide etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

They dont say "we are emo" but theyre music always seems to attach that fan group. Theyre always lumped in with BFMV etc rather than with Deicide etc

Can't say I've ever heard of them being lumped in with BFMV, or anything emo at all. If anything, I'd say CoB would be closer to the melodic death metal scene, along with bands like In Flames and Arch Enemy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭nehpets5555

Rain is awesome , heres a sweet video from the other day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6OlNDFqn_I&feature=player_embedded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

love down from the sky!!!! :)

Can't say I've ever heard of them being lumped in with BFMV, or anything emo at all. If anything, I'd say CoB would be closer to the melodic death metal scene, along with bands like In Flames and Arch Enemy.
    Yes but the profile of their fans would probably show that the y are more emo kids than death metal fans.. I like in Flames but i wouldnt be a fan of COB tbh

Back on topic :D I agree - down from the sky is a great song from a great album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

I disagree. Can't be bothered to say way though! :P

fair enough :p

we'll have to agree to disagree then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Yes but the profile of their fans would probably show that the y are more emo kids than death metal fans.. I like in Flames but i wouldnt be a fan of COB tbh

Back on topic :D I agree - down from the sky is a great song from a great album

But at the same time the likes of CoB, In Flames and other big name melodic death bands are getting a lot more popular and more mainstream. It's only natural that they're going to have a larger and more diverse fanbase.

Anyway, was Down From the Sky the first single from Shogun? I remember liking the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes but the profile of their fans would probably show that the y are more emo kids than death metal fans..

Is that really the case though? I mean, I like CoB, I've seen them live and I can't say I've seen any emo crowd. Saw them play the Bloodstock festival, and they've played Wacken a number of times. Hardly playing to emo audiences there.

Schism wrote: »
    Anyway, was Down From the Sky the first single from Shogun? I remember liking the first one.

It was indeed, released in september of 08 afair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

It was indeed, released in september of 08 afair

Even i admit that track is pretty sick. Deffinatly there best work. Borrowed shogun after hearing it but the rest of the album unfortunatly dissapointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭smythwicks

Can't go wrong with this, Im going through that disliking Metallica stage at the moment, Megadeth are just better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Last video not working or is it just me?

Advertisement