Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A 20p coin sized bit of pasta?

Options
  • 04-07-2009 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

My recipe calls for
    Bunch of dried spaghetti, about the diameter of a 20p coin
    But my dried spaghetti is straight! :D

I never saw it being made, but the pic on that site looks like it's a fair bit. I was just going to put in the same amount as I use when I make spag bol, but I'm just wondering what they could mean by the diameter of a 20p coin?

(Also, since it's a UK site, anyone know how big the UK 20p coin is? :))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Look at it end on. John 11:35.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They mean when you hold the spaghetti in your hand the 'tube' of spaghetti is about the width of the diameter of a 20p.
    Their 20p is 21.4 mm, our 20c is 22.25mm, so much of a muchness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Oh god, that makes complete sense. I somehow kept thinking 'thickness' when seeing 'diameter'. I'd blame the drink, but I'm not drinking.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

corblimey wrote: »
    Oh god, that makes complete sense. I somehow kept thinking 'thickness' when seeing 'diameter'. I'd blame the drink, but I'm not drinking.

:o

I laughed. Sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Honey-ec, I originally had 'girth' :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,053 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

corblimey wrote: »
    Honey-ec, I originally had 'girth' :)

eh, stop while you're only mildly embarrassed!!:D

Advertisement