Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Public Transport Option to Rathfarnham?

Options
  • 04-07-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I need to get out to the Dublin Cats & Dogs Home in Stocking Lane Rathfarnham, from Grand Canal St. Does anyone know the best public transport option to do that? Thanks,

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The 74A will take you directly from Pearse Street (you can catch it at the stop by Pearse Station) to Stocking Lane.

Timetables are at:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/74a/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This place has a rathfarnham address heven though it's now where near rathfarnham, its on the far side of the M50 :D

see map the 74a will get you there http://www.dspca.ie/locationmap.php

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ButterflyGirl23

I volunteer at this shelter and unfortunately there is no public transport that brings you near it. The closest bus still leaves you with a 30 minute walk uphill (and the bus that brings you near it is very rare!).
    My advice would be to get a lift or get a bus to a main place close to it (like the Grange Road) and get a taxi from there (should be about 10 minutes in the taxi then).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I volunteer at this shelter and unfortunately there is no public transport that brings you near it. The closest bus still leaves you with a 30 minute walk uphill (and the bus that brings you near it is very rare!).
    My advice would be to get a lift or get a bus to a main place close to it (like the Grange Road) and get a taxi from there (should be about 10 minutes in the taxi then).

Doh! Cheers... we wanted to go out and see a cat; since we don't have a car, sounds awkward. Wish the Cats and Dogs Home was still down by the Grand Canal! :)

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ButterflyGirl23

If you want to adopt the cat, I would say to make sure you have a lift or a taxi man who doesn't mind having a cat in the car, as these cats are not use to travelling and will be taken out of their environment they will be very nervous and scared.
    I had to transport a cat once to the shelter and she was freaking out in my car so I'd imagine she would have been worse in a bus with lots of people and noises around. Plus you will probably be buying the kitty litter, food etc. at the same time and having a car would make carrying all that stuff easier aswell.
    Contact the shelter though and let them know that you don't have a car, they may be able to suggest something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement