Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SPSV test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭csully397

if you ask what percentage you got in the test they will gladly tell you...
    i got 100% in the whole test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 robbie111

Howyadoing wrote: »
    Yea they called them on Monday just gone.
    So I called the Garda and he said he was sending
    it in that day and I would have it in two weeks.
    So from when I passed the test to getting the licence
    it will be 3 months.

Have you got your licence yet Howyadoing?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Howyadoing

robbie111 wrote: »
    Have you got your licence yet Howyadoing?

still nothing:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

This thread is a load of nonsense..

You can make 650 a week from 65+ hours? so killing yourself for ten quid an hour (if youre lucky) and driving around tired, and as every week passes increasing your chance of getting in a crash.

Wages have been going down for a long time, and people think its a cash cow at 10 quid an hour, and have no regard for people already in the game, and the fact that when they join, they will drive it down to 9 quid an hour, then 8, then 5..

Insurance is going up as loads of people work long hours and crash tired.

You guys make make me sick. Happy to bring the wage for people down to under 10 quid an hour, people who have a job a morgtage, a family, who are at the edge of losing it all, and you lot want to jump on board and push them over the edge.

Disgusting bunch of scumbags.

how come you have got no license yet howya doin???

i received mine in 3 weeks and its a month since i passed the test...
    now in saying that i have been relentless in ringing to gather all the documents..but it has to be done...

RE everyone else the best advice i can tell you for the test is study every street in dublin every hotel,every public house every nightclub need i go on but just do it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Folks, please don't ask for the exam questions.

This thread is a load of nonsense..

You can make 650 a week from 65+ hours? so killing yourself for ten quid an hour (if youre lucky) and driving around tired, and as every week passes increasing your chance of getting in a crash.

Wages have been going down for a long time, and people think its a cash cow at 10 quid an hour, and have no regard for people already in the game, and the fact that when they join, they will drive it down to 9 quid an hour, then 8, then 5..

Insurance is going up as loads of people work long hours and crash tired.

You guys make make me sick. Happy to bring the wage for people down to under 10 quid an hour, people who have a job a morgtage, a family, who are at the edge of losing it all, and you lot want to jump on board and push them over the edge.

Disgusting bunch of scumbags.

Thats nice " Disgusting bunch of scumbags" When were you one? or should I say when did you become a taxi driver!

csully397 wrote: »
    how come you have got no license yet howya doin???

i received mine in 3 weeks and its a month since i passed the test...
    now in saying that i have been relentless in ringing to gather all the documents..but it has to be done...

RE everyone else the best advice i can tell you for the test is study every street in dublin every hotel,every public house every nightclub need i go on but just do it...

What garda station processed the stuff so quickly for you csully?

Robbie

I know a few people from the spsv section in louth and dublin but persistant calling didnt go a miss either all i can advise is keep chasing or with any luck you find a different job.

are you waiting long yourself to get sorted ???

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nedthered

Having read and had time to reflect on your nonsense Prodigal Son I can’t help thinking what a wanker you must be. You obviously have no idea how the real world works. People are working for 10 euro per hour and less and glad to get any kind of job. I suppose you don’t work or maybe mammy and daddy keep you in pocket money, or maybe you’re just an asshole. Wake up and smell the rose’s man. Educate yourself as to what’s really happing in this country of ours.
    All the best in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nawid.khuram

james116 wrote: »
    please tell me why u want to drive a taxi.

m bro is already in this business.we can drive it day and nite

Anybody looking for help with the test click this link the phone number is on it €320 well worth it ask for paul daly...

you hardly expect people are going to hand out questions and answers after paying for this course...

this doesn't mean you will pass you still have to study every single piece of course work otherwise your wasting your own time and money...

http://psvtrainingservices.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Good man sully, god how your opinion will Change overtime

blah

thanks for the appraisal....

what you reckon my opinion will change about....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 reducepain

Dear VICTOR Moderator,
    You need to provide infarction for all those who discuss about SPSV. all my post was based on queries. I was requesting to know what are the difference between districts and areas. I think you need to either understand my question or reverse your infarction on my account. Do review all my posts in relation of CBT (computer based test Logics).
    If that is the case, please change your policies in posting the forums, or edit in approving the post or replies.
    Unsatisfied Client.

csully397 wrote: »
    blah

thanks for the appraisal....

what you reckon my opinion will change about....

well u certainly won't be pointing people in the directon of a course In the next few
    weeks when you get out on the road to help with the answers for the test. Let's face it these courses do give u the answers and u just have to learn them.
    Just my two cents. I'll be shocked if I'm wrong ha.

Was good news yesterday with the press release wasn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Canarygold

Well Victor, I think we know what you (or who) you are here for. All we have tried to do is help people on the forum with help with what we think is a unfair exam, If we cant help one another with this and the people charging 250/300 euro can then where is the hypocrisy. If anyone wants the questions that the training centres will teach you then pm me or the other people that went to the trouble of sitting and learning them. We have spent enough money while they have been on the forum acting as if they are only sitting the exam, and making a damn lot of money from it on the back of what we have learned. If you think that is wrong and you want to ban me then so be it.

Exceptions to janey I did let her down through no fault of my own.:mad::mad:

blahblah06 wrote: »
    well u certainly won't be pointing people in the directon of a course In the next few
    weeks when you get out on the road to help with the answers for the test. Let's face it these courses do give u the answers and u just have to learn them.
    Just my two cents. I'll be shocked if I'm wrong ha.

Was good news yesterday with the press release wasn't it.

This is what the news is doing for taxi plates.
    http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/77/47366877.html

I'm happy enough. I have my plate.:D

what am i supposed to be looking at ?

• Advertisement

what am i supposed to be looking at ?

The ad is gone? It was someone selling a plate for €10000.
    quoteing all about the impending changes to the industry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Canarygold wrote: »
    Well Victor, I think we know what you (or who) you are here for. All we have tried to do is help people on the forum with help with what we think is a unfair exam, If we cant help one another with this and the people charging 250/300 euro can then where is the hypocrisy. If anyone wants the questions that the training centres will teach you then pm me or the other people that went to the trouble of sitting and learning them. We have spent enough money while they have been on the forum acting as if they are only sitting the exam, and making a damn lot of money from it on the back of what we have learned. If you think that is wrong and you want to ban me then so be it.

There is an old adage that the only people who made money in the Gold Rush were the guys selling the shovels. In all honesty, the places that "teach" you the "answers" don't care if you pass the test or not; they are just concerned with the next batch of people like you willing to part with €300+ on the way to El Dorado. As it was, the old test was far too easy; now it's the other way and the colleges care no more for you passing or not passing the test; they are afraid they may run out of people who can afford their €300 shovels fierce quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

The ad is gone? It was someone selling a plate for €10000.
    quoteing all about the impending changes to the industry.

no the ad is still there, but AFAIK he's incorrect in his statement, you will still be able to get a plate, as incumbent plateholders can still transfer the plate one time, he's just scaremongering and being an opportunist

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭james116

Canarygold wrote: »

why is the think the test is unfair cos its hard.

Spook_ie wrote: »
    no the ad is still there, but AFAIK he's incorrect in his statement, you will still be able to get a plate, as incumbent plateholders can still transfer the plate one time, he's just scaremongering and being an opportunist

Also you can buy them from the regulator till end of 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 paul122

ye dont go lol

the spsv test is a joke and a money scam i have done the test 5 times
    passed the first flying but the secound part is very hard and thats where

everyone fails you would need to be a brain box the pass it
    they done ask you the normal thing like where,s dublin castle
    if you studying the hotels etc study the lest likly ones we all know where the main hotels are they wont ask you them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 paul122

This is illegal as per the T&C of the test.
    This thread should be locked.

who care,s about T&C of the test

so robbie how are u finding it. is it what u hoped for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Jeez, 'oil giv yez a 20% off that price! €70 for cash

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Jeez, 'oil giv yez a 20% off that price! €70 for cash

I'll give him 25% of that and a roll of taxi meter till, a 2004 Street Map and a photo of Vinny Kearns slow dancing with John Usher:)

Hamndegger wrote: »
    I'll give him 25% of that and a roll of taxi meter till, a 2004 Street Map and a photo of Vinny Kearns slow dancing with John Usher:)

Sold. :D

• Advertisement

Hamndegger wrote: »

Do yea take butter vouchers or green shield stamps.

Do yea take butter vouchers or green shield stamps.

Only if Kathleen signed it:D

james116 wrote: »
    so robbie how are u finding it. is it what u hoped for.
    Havent got my psvs licence in the post yet so I cant comment !!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joe publick

hi
    could you guys possibly help me with some test questions please.
    i failed dublin area knowledge twice and being unemployed its a big burden.
    i did the course in lower mount street- i got nowhere near the 500 questions you guys are talking about.
    third time round if i have all possible questions im sure ill pass.
    thanks
    your help with be greatly appreciated

robbie111 wrote: »
    Havent got my psvs licence in the post yet so I cant comment !!:D
    let me khow when u get it they are takeing there time u could be on the rd for xmas and let me khow how u are finding it.

Well i got my licence on Friday and was out on Friday night.
    Where the fcuk did all the taxis come from on Friday. I was out
    on Sunday night and there wasn't half the amount. I gave sat a miss
    because I was on the beer my self. But I belive this was the best night
    of all. Because of the rain.

so what do u think its not so easy as everybody thinks all i can say to you is don't do a lot of hours at the start cos you will grow to hate it good luck with ur new business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 vtec49

Did the spsv test today, passed part one (easy) part two (disaster). Did the test in Limerick, most of the questions in part two were about Abbeyfeale and newcastle west. I believe 95% of the work I would be doing would be in Limerick city and suburbs but very little questions on this. Spoke to a few taxi driver friends who believe it's deliberatly made hard to stop more people getting into the industry. I know Limerick means Limerick county too but when asked on what street in Abbeyfeale would you find the library, well that made me sit up. Simular questions followed. Like to hear your thoughts.

part timers and people from different countys. Your lucky it was rainging because the fri night mayhem is the same for the whole weekend. imagine if it wasnt raining. how many hours did you put in and honestly how did u fare out and get on

part timers and people from different countys. Your lucky it was rainging because the fri night mayhem is the same for the whole weekend. imagine if it wasnt raining. how many hours did you put in and honestly how did u fare out and get on

Ok I came on about 8.30 and went home about 2.00. I know I left at the wrong time but I was tired because I had been up from 6am with a sick baby.
    I started of bad. I was driving around like a headless chicken for the first hour or so. Then I started to go on ranks and I got a couple of ok fares of it. I stayed around dame st most of the night. Got a bit pissed when I sat for 45 Mins at rank and got a fare to Smithfield:mad: I won't post how much money I
    made but Its closer to 100€ than 200€.

• Advertisement

Least ya know it's not as handy as people imagine. Get used to the tiredness and been pissed off. Have u decided on your shift or is it just the weekends

I'm only working weekends at the minute.
    My wife works fulltime so I'm looking after the baby during the week.
    I think I might need a radio for a while but am not sure if there is any
    value in having one for thursday to Sunday.
    Have u any info on radio companys on south side
    I'm from Clondalkin and would this best and areas around
    like talla, ballyfermot, Lucan, blanch, palmerstown,.
    Cheers blah.:)

lo mate im with 820 and out your way does be very busy but to be fare it costs over 100 euro on average for a radio so dont think it would make sense for you until ya went full time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Can I just say to you that unless you have something on Saturday night is a must do for taxi drivers. It is still the traditional night out for most people. I missed a Satuday night recently and it makes a big difference to your week's takings. Sunday night is not what it used to be i.e. its hit and m iss unless its a bank holiday weekend then its usually good. The main nights for me now are Thursday to Sunday and the other nights I just work from the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

I'm only working weekends at the minute.
    My wife works fulltime so I'm looking after the baby during the week.
    I think I might need a radio for a while but am not sure if there is any
    value in having one for thursday to Sunday.
    Have u any info on radio companys on south side
    I'm from Clondalkin and would this best and areas around
    like talla, ballyfermot, Lucan, blanch, palmerstown,.
    Cheers blah.:)

Premier Cabs in Clondalkin village were doing a weekend rate for radios not long ago, not sure if they still are.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Dai John

Sorry, no sympathy here, it's no good thinking you can take time off to go drinking with the herd. When they are living it up is when you should be working, that is, if you want to make a living. I know it's a bitch being sober when they are polluted, but hey that's a taxi driver's life.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Canarygold

Hey anybody that has passed the test and is waiting for their licence, you need to haunt the gaurd that you gave the application to. I left mine in over six weeks ago and only found out through the superintendant that she left it in her desk. He told me that the period from application to getting your licence should be no more the five weeks.:confused:

Have the test again next week in Limerick. Has anyone in Limerick passed part two yet? and if so can you help.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Dai John

vtec49 wrote: »
    Have the test again next week in Limerick. Has anyone in Limerick passed part two yet? and if so can you help.
    Had enough trouble to pass for Tipperary as exam covered whole county. Took 3 tries.Spoke to one of Limerick's biggest operators and he had sent 2 experienced members of staff who both failed. Only consolation is that Limerick is a small county. A lot of our work takes us into Limerick county ( Tipp. town is only 4 miles from border ) the result was questions about places up to 60 miles away..eg. Nenagh, Roscrea , Thurles, Clonmel,Carrick on Suir and Templemore plus road numbers and hotels at the edge of the county. It will require considerable effort for new people to enter the job, no harm perhaps but the other side of the coin is more illegal operators unless there is more enforcement.

• Advertisement

Passed the test today in Limerick, second attempt. Again a lot of questions on towns and villages 10, 20, and 30 miles away. It's worth driving to areas like Newcastle West and Abbeyfeale, park your car and walk the area, making notes as you go along. It will payoff.

Advertisement