Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when does the new year start?

Options
  • 04-07-2009 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

i am planning a holiday quite late in august and into september. i would like to know when DIT opens for first years so i can be back in time, anybody know?

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 spraticus

Here's the academic calender for the coming year

http://dit.ie/services/academic/calendar/

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

thanks but i already found that and it didnt make 100% to me. is it starting on the 14th then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

i think first year inductions (for kevin street anyway) are around mid september or the 3rd week maybe, its about 1 week before everyone else returns

edit: just looked at the calender, yes, week 1 begins 21st septmber so first year inductions will be the week of the 14th. Induction should just be one day during that week, which day itll be will depend on your course which you should get a timetable for in your welcome pack later in the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

seems like 21 sept - thanks for calendar, already im dreading crimbo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 TroyStavros

1/1/10 :rolleyes:

\o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

1/1/10 :rolleyes:

\o/

oh, look at that. you made a childish joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Review week seems to be on the 5th October..... That's odd. Should it not be nearer to Halloween?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

"To be applied in Week 6 except where otherwise arranged."

which is halloween week afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Ah, this is what happens when you're crap at scanning...

Advertisement