Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Year Midwifery

Options
  • 04-07-2009 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have just accepted my 1st choice of the above today and am due to start in Sep! I am a mature student and there is alot to organise i.e. childcare!! Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has just completed 1st year and can give me an idea of timetables etc... I know it it college based till after xmas and then clinical placements etc.. but just looking for further info if poss. Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

Hi There
    I too am starting Midwifery in a few weeks, cannot wait but so so nervous too!
    I am starting in UCD - where are you starting?
    I too am a mature student, and I have 2 children,
    Lorraine

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BecJ

Hi Lorraine,

Not many of us on here it seems!! I'm UCD also and have 2 girls aged 1 & 4. Sooo excited and nervous about it all. Only a few weeks now to our induction day. Apparently we are in Mon - Thurs along with 3 fridays from now to xmas and then it placetments etc.... That was a rough outline of timetable i got when i called ucd so thats what i've based childcare on for now but who knows! What ages are your 2 and have you sorted out care? I'm sure we'll meet soon. Deb.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

Hi Deb

Oh I had heard it was mon - thurs, I wonder what the hours are, do you have any idea?
    I have 2 children son is 8 daughter is 3 - There is a fantastic thread on rollercoater.ie about Midwifery as a Mature Student, I have met many girls on that, one who will be starting UCD with us
    I cannot figure out how to use the private message facility on this, but if you like, pm me and I will give you my email address

Are you attending the Critical Writing Academy? I am on the 17th 18th 19th 20th
    So nervous!

Hope u are well
    Lorraine

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BecJ

pm sent!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 giggelygirl

hey im going into 2nd year midwifery..........firstly welcome on board and if you want the real info on times what lectures you can get away with not going to ect. pm me
    and also look into the ucd creche as im told you get money off for being a student at ucd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 newlife4me

Hey, thanks Lo for directing me to this forum.:) Nice to have some more mature midwifery students to talk to, we are a rare breed.
    Had my medical today, it was weird being in the hospital where we'll be doing placements, made it all the more real. I couldn't believe how old the place was? it was a bit spooky i wont be looking forward to doing the night shifts!!!!:eek:

Advertisement