Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned by a mod who is not sure himself..

Options
  • 05-07-2009 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

Can a moderator please explain this as its non-sense.It is 100% relavant to the op"s post.

Makikomi
    white_star_4.gif

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Dublin City, Military, Self Defence & Martial Arts
    im_msn.gif

You have received a warning at boards.ie
    Dear upthedub,

You have received a warning at boards.ie.

Reason:
    Breach of Forum Charter

Warning issued for off topic post in the Military Forum.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60995866
    Quote:
    Remember we are a neutral countrywink.gif
    Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
    boards.ie
    user_online.gifforward.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭upthedub

Makikomi
    white_star_4.gif

Adverts | Friends
    im_msn.gif

Re: You have received a warning at boards.ie
    The thread you replied in wasn't a discussion on our neutrality.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by upthedub
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Makikomi
    Dear upthedub,

Reason:

Breach of Forum Charter

Original Post:
    Quote:
    Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
    boards.ie

What are you talking about????????

• Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Boards.ie help Desk

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

upthedub wrote: »
    Can a moderator please explain this as its non-sense.It is 100% relavant to the op"s post.

Makikomi
    white_star_4.gif

Adverts | Friends
    im_msn.gif

You have received a warning at boards.ie
    Dear upthedub,

Reason:
    Breach of Forum Charter

Original Post:
    Quote:

All the best,
    boards.ie
    user_online.gifforward.gif

You were warned on thread, and then decided to have an argument about it. As far as I am concerned, the ban is upheld.

If you have any issues, report the post and then post on the feedback forum.

You were warned on thread, and then decided to have an argument about it. As far as I am concerned, the ban is upheld.

How can the moderator in question say "this comment is not relavant to this post" ???When in fact it is 100%.I understand you"s moderators dont want to cross each other be this is non-sense by a moderator who was obviously bored or something.

Just to correct you,I was giving a warning then warned on thread.

• Advertisement

That is exactly the problem he did not warn me on thread FIRST but instead sent a warning PM.

I cannot report this post because im banned !

He is completly wrong in Banning me but PLEASE do ask him why im banned and work it out.

How can the moderator in question say "this comment is not relavant to this post" ???When in fact it is 100%.I understand you"s moderators dont want to cross each other be this is non-sense by a moderator who was obviously bored or something.

To be fair, it is not up to you to decide what is relevant and what is not.
    it is the moderators role to ensure the forum runs smoothly, and if that means that certain things cannot be discussed (and there is usually a very good reason for this), then that is the way it is.
    One person who does not agree will not get a forum rule change. If everyone feels it is wrong, then I would hope the moderator would understand this and accept that the forum will run better the new way.
    Just to correct you,I was giving a warning then warned on thread.
    /
    So you actually received 2 warnings?
    That is exactly the problem he did not warn me on thread FIRST but instead sent a warning PM.

I cannot report this post because im banned !

He is completly wrong in Banning me but PLEASE do ask him why im banned and work it out.

You were warned twice and still managed to get banned?
    this is what you were banned for:
    Makikomi wrote: »
    BANNED for 48hrs.

This thread is NOT about discussing our neutrality, there's a politics forum for that stuff.

But i expect you know that, since you were only banned for 48 hours. hardly the crime of the century.

Bet you wont go off topic next time eh?

To be fair, it is not up to you to decide what is relevant and what is not.
    it is the moderators role to ensure the forum runs smoothly, and if that means that certain things cannot be discussed (and there is usually a very good reason for this), then that is the way it is.
    One person who does not agree will not get a forum rule change. If everyone feels it is wrong, then I would hope the moderator would understand this and accept that the forum will run better the new way.

/
    So you actually received 2 warnings?

You were warned twice and still managed to get banned?
    this is what you were banned for:

But i expect you know that, since you were only banned for 48 hours. hardly the crime of the century.

Bet you wont go off topic next time eh?

This is NOT OFF TOPIC so i will discuss it again as it is completly relavant to the topic.:rolleyes:

This is NOT OFF TOPIC so i will discuss it again as it is completly relavant to the topic.:rolleyes:

And I have no doubt you will be banned again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement