Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some of my photos:)

• 05-07-2009 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hello everyone, decided to post some of photographs that I did. Thanks for looking:)

116468-d69e1-20459941-m549x500.jpg

116468-46d46-20459940-400.jpg

116468-6fb33-20459937-400.jpg

116468-256d4-20431108-m750x740.jpg

116468-855b1-20431107-m549x500.jpg

116468-dd0ce-20431109-m549x500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Really like No1. But Haliafx on the balloon distracts me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,158 ✭✭✭dinneenp

i agree- no 1 is very nice but take out Halifax.
    Posing on the train station- off location.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Number 3 is the winner for me, nice natural looking shot, good black & white / sepia conversion.
    No.4 is good but the out of focus brush in the way of the model detracts a bit, I found I was trying to focus on it more than the model in the background.
    Nice set though! Thanks for sharing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

very nice work there Sonya.Max - well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭bloo

I think Halifax is meant to be there no? is it not an advertising shot?
    Really like the 4th shot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I can only see three images.

The Hailfax Balloon one is very nice indeed. As said above the Balloon very much becomes the subject of the image. You could offer it to Halifax as a stock image as it's the sort of shot that corporations would use.

The girl with the toys is not as strong an image. The lighing is very flat & the pose is not appealing.

The protrait in sepia is a cracking shot. Very natural & well lit. Lovely pose, though the "purists" would say that the subject should be looking at the camera I disagree. This shot just works. Well done & good choice to make it Mono.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

They are all pretty good actually so well done and accept a pat of the back. Couple comments I would make if I may:

1) Halifax in the balloon is somewhat of a distraction so would clone it out but it doesn't take away from the shot

3) It looks like a standard greyscale conversion which is a tad flat for my liking (give it a bit more contrast)

4) I like this but I find the hand holding the wheat a bit distracting.

6) like this the most. I would clone out the tower thing by tree-line and the dirt or whatever it is above that.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sonya.Max

Thanks a lot for yours comments.
    Halifax wasn't ment to be there, but I like it.

Advertisement