Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thomond or cratloe?

Options
  • 05-07-2009 12:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 211 ✭✭

which place is better to live in: thomond or cratloe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I didn't live in Thomond but I didn't mind Cratloe too much. Cratloe appears to have better security...

I'm going back to Cratloe anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DESQ

I lived in the Thomond area for a 2months and it wasn't the safest, 2many many drunken scumbags wandering about, i came out one day to find 3 drunken wineos on my car at about 3 in the day, pushing and fighting each other, i lived in Caherdavin Meadows for a while and never had any bother Thomond is far too close to 2 rough areas avoid if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Both the same really, full of drunk loud mouthed boggers and crap quality buildings/furnishings.

If you are going to college for the laugh then go there. However if you want to make it to secong year by studying and having some peace and quiet then dont go to either.

Get diggs or share a house, its a lot safer, cleaner (if your a clean living student) and quieter May be cheaper aswell, they are very expensive for what you get. Shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

None of them have any privacy really. Unless you are going to be partying almost every night then try and get a house with friends or through the LIT accommadations office who are very helpful. Security in both can be a pain at times too with them not allowing your friends who dont live there in, this can be a real pain especially for around rag week.

I lived in Thomond last year and we had a lot of problems getting things fixed such as tv, and heating. There were rumours going around that Thomond is in financial difficulties as half the place was empty after people moving out during last year. Broadband is terrible there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 itsbritneybitch

i wouldnt go near either. I'm heading into my 3rd year at LIT and have never lived in either but my friends have, their expensive, poky i just cant stand them.

Ilived in rented houses for the past two years with students, bigger gaf more freedom (no signing guest in and out with security!), just so hassle free!!

hope this helps!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement