Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival Food

Options
  • 05-07-2009 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any good food you can bring/prepare for Oxegen? I just brought a load of cereal bars last year but this year I think I'd like something more nourishing. My friend had a load of cooked pasta last time while another brought sausages that were cooked on a portable fire. These things are great but I'm a bit worried how long you can leave these things unrefrigerated although I did have some of his sausages on Sunday morning and they were fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Baked Beans & Bread :)

Or if you're feeling slighlty more adventurous...

Bring a little gas fire thingy and a pot or 2. Get some tinned veggie things or even fresh veggies, tins of chopped tomatoes and some pasta. cook it all up into a nice stew/ sauce. You can throw in some canellini beans and/or olives to beef it up also.

2856940884_cff842723a.jpg

You could always bring some rice too, and a curry sauce + veg.

If you have a plastic chilli bin, throw in some ice and you will have chicken that will last a day or so. Bacon may last longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Cans of tuna are handy too, if you like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 VelocityGirl

If you ask the butcher to vacuum pack the sausages, rashers etc they will last a good few days without refrigeration. I’ve had a few bbqs at festivals with a portable BBQ and it’s been a little bit of heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

I always make up a few sliced pans of sandwiches and they usually last for 2/3 days.

Other than that, cereal bars, popcorn, cooked pasta and any packet sauces that don't have to be refrigerated until they are opened - grand if you eat them straight away. Tinned beans or spaghetti. Lots of bananas, apples etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Eatin's cheatin'

Get all your carbs from beer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement