Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warranty Work?

• 05-07-2009 2:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys I was on a trip recently and brought the Camera, a Canon EOS 450D, the opportunity to capture a coastal fishing trip seemed great. We ended in a place called Indian Head Fraser Island, off the East Coast of Australia, and got caught by a freak wave! The camera isn't quite the same as it was it needed a new battery pack according to the display, so got a new battery pack - worked fine for a while and now its acting up again, should i get it repaired/serviced under the warranty or what? has anyone else had this experience? by the way bought the camera in Harvey Normans at home in Ireland..

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Indian Head - Wonderful place!

You could try getting it repaired under warranty, you may be lucky. It does sound like you have got some salt water inside & causing corrosion. If thst is the case then the warranty would not cover you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

CabanSail wrote: »
    Indian Head - Wonderful place!

You could try getting it repaired under warranty, you may be lucky. It does sound like you have got some salt water inside & causing corrosion. If thst is the case then the warranty would not cover you.

Sound thanks,

Charged it today in the car, and it worked fine all day today- perfect for palm beach!!

So i think that if there are any major problems they could at least be fixed? even if i had to foot the bill?..

Warranty is being posted to me from home, so i'll soon see i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Leave it dry out somewhere. If you go the warranty option canon will probably see the water damage and just send it back. Worth a try if you want.

Advertisement