Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons for Quitting

Options
  • 05-07-2009 4:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Mine is they cost too much... how about you guys?

I know it's a bad excuse, but a valid one. Just about 24 hours, and the worst is setting in now. I feel pretty good, but still...

Thanks for the support!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barkingmadlolly

For me it was waking up in the morning and it was the first thing I thought about, my bed clothes stank and that horrible taste. letting it control me was the worst feeling

letting it control me was the worst feeling

I agree - that was the main reason for giving up for me - ridiculous being controlled by a little box of tobacco wrapped in papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

My single reason was cost too. Its not a good sign when your cigarette expenditure is more than your food expenditure.

If they dropped 2/3 euro I'd prob go back on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Krieg wrote: »
    If they dropped 2/3 euro I'd prob go back on them

speechless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

• BF doesn’t smoke - not fair on him
    • I feel embarrassed/always apologising when smoking in company of non smokers.
    • Family will be SO proud of me - and I'll be proud of myself
    • Costing me a fortune, ten euro a day????? No way.
    • Will end up smoking double what I used to – people never ever “cut down” successfully
    • Chest pains every morning/hoarseness etc
    • My breath/clothes etc smell
    • No longer enjoyed cigarettes, finding they taste disgusting/putting them out half way through
    • Vanity – have good skin NOW, don't want the leather handbag look
    • Health – risk of brain haemorrhage/stroke/heart attack
    • Will need to give them up if I want to have babies in next couple of years
    • Hate being a slave to them – only one smoking at social occasions etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement