Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rights Confusion

Options
  • 05-07-2009 4:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi, I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on my situation.
    I have a 4 and a half year old, her father & I are separated since she was about 6 months old. When she was 2 we went to court to have his maintenance and access set by the court & he was granted joint guardianship (not custody).
    Now I have been offered a relocation 2 another country with my job, for a way better job, but I'm not sure if its even a possibility or would I be wasting my time even considering it?
    Does anyone have any idea where I would stand with my rights or what my options would be? Could we move? I know theres an awful lot more to consider but I'd love some advice so I could know if its an option for me or if I should forget about it right off.

If anyone has any advice I'd really really appreciate it, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

my opinion love is stay where u are ,you have family and friends,when u have that you dont need nothing else

You could move, but as your daughter's father is her legal guardian, his consent is required for any relocation involving your child. If you moved your child without his consent, he would have grounds to apply to the Courts to have the child returned to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭obnicc

yeh i knew i couldn't do anything without his permission, but at least i know asking him would be an option. to be honest im not happy here, my family & friends aren't here, i moved here 4 my ex, & now im still here, his life has moved on & im still stuck wanting to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

What is the dads relationship like with your child?

If he consented, I would definitely go for it.. Take a chance, at least if it fails and dosent work out over there you can come back and you know you have tried...

Advertisement