Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with Tavor TAR-21

Options
  • 05-07-2009 4:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Umm... i have a question. Right now i have some kind of problem which i don't really underrstand what happen but i just try out my Tavor TAR-21 with a battery that is 11.1 v 1600mAh 12 c firefox

In the begining i just play around with it for awhile and for some reason i found out the gun could shoot upward..... at like 45degree or little more not like straight up 90degree is that really how it is ?. then after ward my battery and the motor was really heated up but the triger and shooting still work. Then after i took off the battery and rechagre them and then for reason it have no reaction... the motor doesn't move and i try with other differnet battery it still the same. Can you help me point out what is wrong with my Tavor TAR-21 thankyou ^^

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

sounds like you burnt out your motor 11v lipos can do that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the shooting at 90 degreee angles is a bit strange and i can really shed any light on this,

i had a problem where the motor on full auto was working itself tight and pushing into the bevel gear locking up, it might be work see if the motor is all the way forward and using a small allen key to unscrew the grub screw at the back of the motor casing

It could be a normal lock up, pull the charging handle back and then release it, the built in reset function for the gearbox should work and release the tension in the gearbox, if that does not work then move on

if its not the motor height it could be that you have striped the gearbox on the 11v lipo, the gear box is not really lipo read as it does not even have the 2nd piston tooth removed so you could have got some premature engagement of the piston, you would need to have a look at the gearbox, either talk to your local shop if you can not do it yourself, or take it apart and see what is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

petermomo wrote: »
    Umm... i have a question. Right now i have some kind of problem which i don't really underrstand what happen but i just try out my Tavor TAR-21 with a battery that is 11.1 v 1600mAh 12 c firefox

In the begining i just play around with it for awhile and for some reason i found out the gun could shoot upward..... at like 45degree or little more not like straight up 90degree is that really how it is ?. then after ward my battery and the motor was really heated up but the triger and shooting still work. Then after i took off the battery and rechagre them and then for reason it have no reaction... the motor doesn't move and i try with other differnet battery it still the same. Can you help me point out what is wrong with my Tavor TAR-21 thankyou ^^

Firstly... silly boy... the gun isnt designedf or 11.1v stock... not many are... WHY bother? the rate of fire is perfectly zippy stock... although im suprised at the experiences of a few and AI mag that called it 'leasurely'

45 degrees... turn your hop down ;)

it all heated up because you used a too powerful battery...

Long story short? you buggered it... seems like you went to town without really knowing anything about aegs...

and fyi, its the IMI Tar21... not the tavor t21... its the tavor, OR TAR 21, or T 21... :)

Have a nice day now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Levy613

Hi

I have just purchased a Tavor TAR-21 and have had loads of problems with the firing, be it in either semi or auto mode.

I am using the 8.4 battery as recommended and it is still the same.

Been talking to Zeroone airsoft who I have purchased it from, but they are also having the same problems with the rest of the Tavor's TAR_21 that they stock.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks very much.

i replyed to you in the tavor discussion thread, need a little more information like what is happening when you fire semi or auto

• Advertisement

Thanks for getting back to me.

Basically when I fire the gun in semi mode, aproximately 10-15 shots later the gun stops firing. There are no noises, clicks or any warning sound of any sort.

When i switch it into full auto and pull the trigger several times no shots are fired and then it will randomly start firing again.

Then it stops yet again. I did send it back to Zeroone. They stripped it down and did NOT discover any loose wiring. They checked all their other Tavor's and all presented the same problem.

This is very annoying as the gun is in its own right is very good. Especially fustrating when you are in CQB.

zero ummmm fun, not on my list of recommended retailers...

ok this is going to be a bit difficult to explain, ok first your problem will have nothing to do with wiring, the controls for firing and switching between full and semi is mechanical and uses rods, my tavor also had problem with semi it would lock up but switching it to full and a quick burst solved this, after i removed the stupid spring release function (this was also locking up the gearbox)

the main issue with the lock up is the gearbox not cycling fully this for me normaly came thought light trigger pulls, you also need to look at the control rods inside the body of the tavor and see how far there moving you may need to move the block with grub screws farther towards the end of the rode (manly the fire selector control rode) this means that when the switch or trigger pushs them they have more travel meaning the controls are fully engaged and not just breifly engaging meaning the gearbox only half turns over

i said it was going to be hard to explain.

i did a take down guide hear http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055595962

will have to get some more pictures, i don;t know how confident you would be with working in a gearbox

DSC_50160001.jpg
    (I) is the rob and the lever that is linked to the trigger

DSC_50250001.jpg
    the rode and level rotate (II) this presses against (III) this then releases the micro switch (IIII) this allows current to flow to the motor, if the micro switch is to briefly triggered e.g the rod does not travel correctly or trigger pull is to light or fast it can cause lock ups, this is only one thing to look for , need some more pictures to explain the rest

Wow.Please tell me you live near essex.lol:D Pictures are great and i think i mite be brave to do it. if not can you recommend someone near me i can take it to. THANKS AGAIN.

used to live in walton on the naze :) but live in kerry know so not much use know:rolleyes:

your best bet would be fire support

thanks for that,but think is about time i opened up the tavor and had a go at it:confused::confused::confused:. will wait for the pictures. :Dlol

• Advertisement
Advertisement