Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic gates, advice?

Options
  • 05-07-2009 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I'm considering such but not sure what type. Ideally I'd like a wireless system but I've been told it isn't that successful. How exactly does the 'card system 'work, can residents be given a card which we stick into the box to allow access?....I'd like family living with me or not to be able to enter without me 'buzzing them in'! ..

I'd appreciate any general advice
    Thanks
    A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Filan,

Firstly I would go with a wired system if you can as it is more reliable.

Go for underground gate actuators as again, more reliable as less load is put on them.

Get the dialler system where you can register a number of mobile phone numbers with your system and any registered mobile phone when it rings the system will open the gate. No cards etc.. to lose and YOU control who has access etc..

Hope this helps,

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

Thanks Mike that's great...in particular the info. about the mobile phone connection....sounds like a great system...likely I'll go for that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I would agree with Mike. A cheaper solution instead of the dialler system is to put in a keypad such as an ACT keypad like this:

ACT%20Keypad.jpg

Then you dont have to be "buzzed in". They cost about €80 and can be powered locally. The dialler system is better, but it costs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭g.quagmire

I think if your going to do it you may aswell do it right first time with 24v underground kit with battery backup, intercom with keypad like above for pedestrians and the GSM for mobile access. All could be got for under 2k good equipment too.

Advertisement