Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Hazelhatch, Celbridge?

Options
  • 05-07-2009 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Were thinking of buying a three bed semi in hazelhatch. I was just wondering if someone could provide me with some info on the area. Are the nearest shops in the town? What are the buses like and does anyone commute to dublin city by car/rail? Also if anyone recently bought a 3 bed semi, whats the guide price, in these times i find its ever hard to price a house accurately.

Also if happy living there and is there trouble (or problems) in the estate?

All info much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

trudub wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Were thinking of buying a three bed semi in hazelhatch. I was just wondering if someone could provide me with some info on the area. Are the nearest shops in the town? What are the buses like and does anyone commute to dublin city by car/rail? Also if anyone recently bought a 3 bed semi, whats the guide price, in these times i find its ever hard to price a house accurately.

Also if happy living there and is there trouble (or problems) in the estate?

All info much appreciated

I assume you mean Hazelhatch Park as Hazelhatch area itself doesn't have any estates. The nearest shops are in the town and only about 5 mins walk away. You can get no. 67 ( updated with correct # ) buses from Celbridge into Dublin or get the Arrow train at Hazelhatch station which is about 1 mile out the road. There's a feeder bus to/from the rail station but it's timetable is not advertised.

There are no problems in the estate, none that I have heard of at least. It a well kept estate and you would be subject to the management fees.

Details below of a house on sale there:-

http://www.property.ie/property-for-sale/22-The-Square-Hazelhatch-Park-Celbridge-Co-Kildare/449529/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I too am presuming you mean Hazelhatch Park or Primrose Gate (i.e. estates on the Hazelhatch road out of Celbridge)

The estates seem fine, I presume they are mainly starter homes and apartments so there may be a lot of kids. I have not heard of any trouble.

The estates are well located for the train station, probably a 15 min walk but there is also a shuttle bus which stops at the entrance to Primrose gate estate.

The 67/67a bus (not 68 as per other post) is a good option also and there is a n express service weekdays 67x

also a nitelink

there is such amix of houses I am not sure of prices, but there seems to be a few for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

i live there...estate is grand...houses are of a reasonable quality...you get the usual 'i can hear my neighbours loud tv through wall'...but i've seen worse houses.

the only problems there are with the estate are parking related. towards the front a lot of the spaces were allocated to particular units (instead of anybodys) which seems to have caused problems (some are doubled up as visitor spaces too :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭trudub

thanks for all the replies, were havin a second viewing of a house there on sat and hope to get a deposit down next week. Cheers again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Scober11

Oh no judging by your name your a Dub aaaahhhhhh not another one the place is full of Arnotts jerseys already until this Sunday Leinster Final

GO ON THE KILDARE BOYS :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I viewed 2 properties in Hazelhatch park and there is no way would I live up there. Primrose is so much nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

Would move there , but it's right next to the grove .. I wouldn't move to the grove, alot of trouble at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Would move there , but it's right next to the grove .. I wouldn't move to the grove, alot of trouble at night.

Like what? The people I know living in The Grove are not aware of it?

what on earth are you on about?

perhaps you need to define "trouble"..

First of all every night at around 2 or 3,I hear cars doing burn-outs at the front of the estate and pulling skids around the estate, also last night I was woken up by a dirt bike on my road, If you dont belive me walk through the green area at the front of the esate, the grass is ruined from cars and bikes tearing trough it , also theres glass all over the front of the estate , the walls are knocked down, and the lane is really intemidating , with all the rough looking people drinking and smoking cannabis, there is graffiti all over the lane and the low entrance of the estate, makes the place look terrible,

• Advertisement

First of all every night at around 2 or 3,I hear cars doing burn-outs at the front of the estate and pulling skids around the estate, also last night I was woken up by a dirt bike on my road, If you dont belive me walk through the green area at the front of the esate, the grass is ruined from cars and bikes tearing trough it , also theres glass all over the front of the estate , the walls are knocked down, and the lane is really intemidating , with all the rough looking people drinking and smoking cannabis, there is graffiti all over the lane and the low entrance of the estate, makes the place look terrible,

well its sounds like thats an issue for those living right at the front of the estate, the green and the main road and that's very unfortunate

I presume the walls and glass you refer to are also on the green/Grove House as I am not aware of any such issues around the estate generally

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Primrose Gate across the road is nicer estate IMHO !

Beautiful, witty people live there too :D

Dude, hazelhatch park is NOT right next to the grove :rolleyes:

Primrose Gate across the road is nicer estate IMHO !

Beautiful, witty people live there too :D
    definitely is MUCH nicer. If I was buying in Celbridge, thats where I'd go! :pac:

Riskymove wrote: »
    well its sounds like thats an issue for those living right at the front of the estate, the green and the main road and that's very unfortunate

I presume the walls and glass you refer to are also on the green/Grove House as I am not aware of any such issues around the estate generally
    Its coming up to the two huge trees at the front of the estate.

Oh and im gettin hazelhatch park and primrose gate mixed up.

ChewChew wrote: »
    Dude, hazelhatch park is NOT right next to the grove :rolleyes:

technically it is just behind it but seperated by trees, no official path between them

Riskymove wrote: »
    technically it is just behind it but seperated by trees, no official path between them
    Your thinking of the small primrose, thats beside the school, the other one is the big new estate.

Your thinking of the small primrose, thats beside the school, the other one is the big new estate.

no Hazelhatch park the new estate is behind the Grove

if you walk to the back of the estate and cross the green the other side of the trees is in the new estate

well you go into one new estate right, then go to the end of it , cross the road and your in the other .. I dont know which order its in.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Rob67

I live in the Grove, the cars you're referring to are doing their 'burnouts' on both the Hazelhatch road and Ardclough rd, not on the roads in the estate, there is one idiot who keeps on driving on to the green area at the front of the Grove and wheelspinning around, if had a word in his shell-like, he's not even from the Grove!

Yes, the lane suffers from late night drinking by youths and again most of them are not even from here. As for trouble... what, specifically, are you referring to? The same kind of trouble that exists in other estates in Celbridge, i.e. domestics, noisy kids, vandalism?

I've lived here for a number of years and I've personally witnessed about 2-3 incidents, all of which were minor in nature, I have found it a good place to live with good, decent neighbours who all look after and know each other very well.

Please don't denigrate a location, or the people who live there, without specific references please.

• Advertisement

Hi guys, cheers for all the info. Were negotiating with the builder at the mo. The house were looking at is in the close. Am not really sure about primrose and the grove because i dont know the area at all. I was wondering has anyone else bought one of the houses in Hazelhatch park and what they negotiated with the builder? We're going though easi steps and he's not willing to bend at all on any sort of fit out. For example we made an offer but wanted flooring (nothing unrealistic like hardwood floors, but asked for carpet for house and lino in kitchen and bathrooms) and white goods. However the sales agent came back from talking with builder and asked if we would take white goods. So i pondered and said we would. Then he came back and builder was adamant he wouldnt kit out house and thats where its left. Anybody been through this with the builder?

Rob67 wrote: »
    I live in the Grove, the cars you're referring to are doing their 'burnouts' on both the Hazelhatch road and Ardclough rd, not on the roads in the estate, there is one idiot who keeps on driving on to the green area at the front of the Grove and wheelspinning around, if had a word in his shell-like, he's not even from the Grove!

Yes, the lane suffers from late night drinking by youths and again most of them are not even from here. As for trouble... what, specifically, are you referring to? The same kind of trouble that exists in other estates in Celbridge, i.e. domestics, noisy kids, vandalism?

I've lived here for a number of years and I've personally witnessed about 2-3 incidents, all of which were minor in nature, I have found it a good place to live with good, decent neighbours who all look after and know each other very well.

Please don't denigrate a location, or the people who live there, without specific references please.
    Is it the white honda civic ?, have you ever walked down the lane and seen the burnt out mopeds ? , look at the tyre marks on the front road,where mr hannigan used to live.. what road do yyou live on? i live on the semi detached houses,the mad plain ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Rob67

Is it the white honda civic ?, have you ever walked down the lane and seen the burnt out mopeds ? , look at the tyre marks on the front road,where mr hannigan used to live.. what road do yyou live on? i live on the semi detached houses,the mad plain ones.

Not the white honda,don't know him. The red one (same owner?) and the guy in the subaru, I could add comments on him alone but I'm sure I'd get a ban! I'm sorry if I came off a bit harsh but I get this reaction of 'oh no, you don't live there, do you?' from people who may have passed through, once... while possibly drunk... maybe, it's nothing personal, just defensive because I really like living here.

The moped was gotten rid of months ago, I walk down the lane regularly, it is untidy even with the hard work of the residents assoc and little or no help from some residents.

Btw I live on the second 'block', as my kids call it

Ah right,well for people reading this the grove is nice in the day, its alright at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Check this and this. Sellers appear desperate you'd probably get either for 280K and both are decorated to a really high standard.
    trudub wrote: »
    Hi guys, cheers for all the info. Were negotiating with the builder at the mo. The house were looking at is in the close. Am not really sure about primrose and the grove because i dont know the area at all. I was wondering has anyone else bought one of the houses in Hazelhatch park and what they negotiated with the builder? We're going though easi steps and he's not willing to bend at all on any sort of fit out. For example we made an offer but wanted flooring (nothing unrealistic like hardwood floors, but asked for carpet for house and lino in kitchen and bathrooms) and white goods. However the sales agent came back from talking with builder and asked if we would take white goods. So i pondered and said we would. Then he came back and builder was adamant he wouldnt kit out house and thats where its left. Anybody been through this with the builder?

cheers but i prefer HH Park to Primrose, just not mad on the wood on the outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 poppy1974

I was looking for some info on The Grove and I came accross your posts.
    I am a little confused though :-)
    Do you mean The Grove next door to Simmonstown Manor or there is another estate called The Grove?

Would you mind to give me some feedback on the estate ,please?
    I was looking to move to Celbridge and a friend suggested The Grove and a couple of other estates....

Advertisement