Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine Repair

Options
  • 05-07-2009 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Folks

Our washing machine is broken! anyone have details of a repair man???

A

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

There was a thread on this before - maybe the next page but basically it's probably a better idea to just buy a new one unless it's a very good washing machine that you can see lasting another 10 years or so.....

Judging on what was said before - it'll be E130 to repair one (including the callout charge of 60/70) and a new one for us was E200.....no brainer really...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

What exactly is wrong with it? Is there any power going into it or is it just not spinning??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

Hi

Its just not spinning!!! I rang the number on the link and its not in use! I priced a couple of machine but then again if you want an integrated one it will cost alot approx 500!! so choices are find a repair man or buy a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Its probably a problem with your motor. If you try spinning the drum by hand you will see if it has the same resistance as normal, if its a lot easier than normal to turn then it might be the belt. When you turn on the machine what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Is there water in the machine ?

If there is then you will have to empty it manually, to do this you will have to get at the outlet hose and hold it down into a basin on the floor and gravity will empty it. Then check to see if the pump/filter is blocked.
    this is the most common fault with washing machines.

Lets know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

If the machine is not spinning it is more likely a problem with the belt driving the drum. It could be something very simple like a loose belt.

If you are comfortable removing the back plate you could run the machine with a load and watch to see if the belt is slipping.

Thanks folks - I got a name of someone in Bray and he's coming out tomorrow!

folks

problem solved used Bray Service Centre 01 8282255 would recommend them came Tues took machine away, fixed it and refitted it today.

Alot cheaper than buying a new one!

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freedom of info

anniec wrote: »
    Folks

Our washing machine is broken! anyone have details of a repair man???

A

i worked for hotpoint for 9 years, its cheaper to replace than to repair, i would recommend miele, you pay a bit extra but you get a great after sales service, its worth the extra few bob, if you buy a cheap and nasty one, it will last 5 years tops

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Washing machine is nice and healthy again.

This thread has run it course. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement