Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Cameras

Options
  • 05-07-2009 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi all, 1st Thanks for reading this post

Now,
    Im looking for recomendations for a good quality cheap as possible IP Cameras
    I work from home with a fair sized store at the gable end of my house, Im interested in putting up a couple of IP cameras 2 outside which will need to work at night and be weatherproof, and one inside the store which will need to work in the dark Ideally but not essential... , Ideally they'd need motion detection built in so I dont fill up all my Hard drives, Finally is it possible for them to record onto 1 of my NAS Boxes??

Any help / advice is much appreciated...

Thanks,

SC024

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Hmmm IP is still a bit of a funny one. Technically yes is the asnwer to all of your questions but you will pay for that luxery. IP is still and will be for the next couple of years regarded as a new high end product and is going to be pricey. Now even though they are getting cheaper so is the quailty. The other problem is there is a lot less choice in the IP ranges compared to the Analogue.

Now as regard the NAS Im sure you could record onto them but Id say you would need a PC with Camera software to control everything and then have the NAS as your destination to record? Do you have that option, a spare PC?

I would say maybe the panasonic range would suit you as they have a domestic.commercial range and the software is available for cheap to record the panasonics.

If you would like more info on specific cameras I can post links and rrps for you, just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SC024

I've the option of a spare pc alright, was hoping I wouldnt have to leave it running alll the time... what if we forget about ip cameras and go with analogue as you say, what would be the most cost effective solution?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

The beauty about analogue is that the market is flooded with product which is good for a cinsumer like yourself. Although the same old rule does apply, you get what you pay for. Ill pm you a link to some cameras and give you an idea of pricing cause we're not really allowed do that in the public forum

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SC024

That'd be great if you could pm me

Thanks

Advertisement