Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretzel Flipz

Options
  • 05-07-2009 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Anyone remember these? Or are they still around? Pretzels coated in chocolate. Probably sounds a bit weird to some but I thought they were delicious. Would love to see them again. Are there any other chocolate-covered pretzels on the market?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Yup I used to love these - any chocolate-salty combo makes me go 'mmmmm'. But yep they're gone here though. In the States they still sell them and in loads of different varieties: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, fudge, yogurt, etc. And having just returned from New York I have a pack of the milk chocolate ones in my kitchen right now. Yummeeeeee :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Yup I used to love these - any chocolate-salty combo makes me go 'mmmmm'. But yep they're gone here though. In the States they still sell them and in loads of different varieties: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, fudge, yogurt, etc. And having just returned from New York I have a pack of the milk chocolate ones in my kitchen right now. Yummeeeeee :)

And where do you live? Try to be as specific as possible too.

I would have lived on these. I did live on these, til they disappeared. I assumed I just ate them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Er, somewhere very very far away. Like on the other side of the rainbow. Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I remember these, they were lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, the trick was to put the bag in your pocket for a while and let 'em melt a bit first then peel open the bag and tuck in to some finger-lickin' chocolatey goodness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Why do I keep reading Fritzl in the thread title?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

They're easy to make yourself!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

efla wrote: »

You can't just say that and nothing else.

How? Where? Have you made some? Can we test them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

efla wrote: »
    No they aren't!

Maybe if you're a professional pretzel maker...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

star-pants wrote: »
    That's quite expensive! I liked them as well, but at nearly €8 for a bag... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

"Movies-At" cinemas in Swords & Dundrum stock chocolate covered pretzels, not the ones you mention but similiar, about €2.50 a bag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

iMax wrote: »
    "Movies-At" cinemas in Swords & Dundrum stock chocolate covered pretzels, not the ones you mention but similiar, about €2.50 a bag

Are they any good?

Slightly larger than "flipz". Tasted good to me. They come from NY IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭BaileysComet

That's quite expensive! I liked them as well, but at nearly €8 for a bag... :eek:

Slightly worse mon ami, GBP£8 a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

Just signed the petition. I never did understand why they got rid of them, they're savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I'd completely forgot about the existence of these for years until I saw them in a CVS in Boston last week.

Like a little piece of my childhood came rushing back!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭be wide of me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I bought a pack of chocolate covered pretzels in Dundum cinema last night. They were gak - American crappy chocolate. Tasted like cooking chocolate, but the pretzels were nice and salty. I only ate two. UGH!

I'm going to Swords tonight, I'll buy a pack to check, but the flipz would have been the same. they wern't made here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Oooooh those flipz were teh yum! Why do these companies tempt me with their chocolatey goodness then take the product off the market? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

there is a new shop in churchtown beside the driver test centre, they stock all american food and i just bought chocolate covered pretzels and white fudge one's too, well worth the trip amazing food

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

WindSock wrote: »
    Why do I keep reading Fritzl in the thread title?

The bag is like a mini basement in your hand, from darkness to darkness..

iMax wrote: »
    I'm going to Swords tonight, I'll buy a pack to check, but the flipz would have been the same. they wern't made here.

Had them & yes they're American "chocolate" (think hersheys) but they're still great

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

There is a new pretzel shop in the Ilac centre beside Argos. Opened this week, they may have them.
    I didn't think there would be a huge demand for pretzels in Ireland but must be ehh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

just left the Apple petrol station in Clonskeagh and they have a big selection of american imported chocolate coated ones

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

bungler wrote: »
    white fudge one's too,

Jaysus.......make myself sick after eating too many of these!!!!

But I'd like to see them back. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

The asian market on Drury St in Dublin has chocolate covered pretzel sticks for 89c a box, got strawberry ones today, which were no great shakes unfortunately, the chocolate ones might be nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Silverfish wrote: »
    You can't just say that and nothing else.

How? Where? Have you made some? Can we test them?

Pretzels

Cadbury's dairy milk (or your chocolate of choice)

Pan

Insert chocolate into pan, heat very gentle on a very low heat until chocolate melts

Drop pretzels into pan

Put chocolate covered pretzels on a tray in the fridge

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The asian market on Drury St in Dublin has chocolate covered pretzel sticks for 89c a box, got strawberry ones today, which were no great shakes unfortunately, the chocolate ones might be nicer

There's also 'Mikado', which have been in Europe for years and years, but recently the company seems to be pushing the product in Ireland. Pity (typical!) that the price is about 4x what it is on the European mainland.

They have dark chocolate, vanilla, orange, along with one or two others.

Advertisement