Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Golf Service

• 05-07-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭

The 30k service is due on my golf 1.4tsi soon. I got a quote from the main dealer where I bought it in Dublin of €310, P&R Motor Sales in Newry have qouted me £190 all in which works out at about €225.
    Has anyone used this garage & what are they like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Triflesponge

I have been using P&R for about 6 years and find them really good, no problems so far. Will never get my car serviced with VW in the South.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭geezer1234

Same car is as you. Got it done at main VW dealer in Athlone @ 15,000 km and it cost 200 euro. Got it done again at same place @ 30,000 km but this time it cost 300 euro as I went for the long life oil and got a few other bits done. Wont need to get it serviced again until 55,000 km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭omerin

i got my 1.4 golf done recently for 300 from a main dealer in cork. 65km on the clock, a normal service with nothing major replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭brian076

Thanks for the replies guys, think I'll take the trip to Newry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

a lot of guys on vagdrivers.net deal with P&R.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

omerin wrote: »
    i got my 1.4 golf done recently for 300 from a main dealer in cork. 65km on the clock, a normal service with nothing major replaced.

Jaysus did they even wear a mask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭silver campaign

Oreillys in Longford are good value. Should cost around 160 quid

Advertisement