Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residents parking permit

Options
  • 05-07-2009 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I'm a third year in ucc and this year im renting a house college road area, i need to get a parking permit, i was on the cork city council and the car needs to be registered to the house you are resident at and so do bank statements as well,its is inconvientant for me to change these details just for the college year, my car and bank address is registered to my parents address in Clare. Does anyone know once i have a lease agreement and a letter from the prtb(private residencies tenancy board) will i be able to get a permit?

http://www.corkcity.ie/roads/trafficdivision/residentparkingpermits/

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Nope, you'll need the whole lot or they won't even look at you.
    What do I need for a permit?

* Completed Application Form
    * A copy of the Vehicle Licensing Certificate / Log Book for your vehicle – the vehicle must be registered to the address for which the parking permit is being sought – see notes a) and b) below
    * Two recent domestic Utility Bills in your name for the address for which the permit is being sought (i.e. electricity, gas, landline telephone) or Financial Documents (Credit Card, Bank Account, Credit Union statements)
    * A copy of your insurance certificate – the address on the insurance certificate must be the same as the address for which the permit is being sought.
    * A copy of your driving licence
    * If you are not on the register to vote from the address for which the parking permit is being sought the declaration on the reverse side of the form must be fully completed, signed & stamped in the presence of a Peace Commissioner/Commissioner for Oaths or Practising Solicitor in Cork City/County
    * If you live in rented accommodation you must submit a copy of your Rent Book/Rental Agreement and a copy of your confirmation letter from the Private Residential Tenancies Board (PRTB) acknowledging the registration of the tenancy with the PRTB.
    * Application Fee of €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

It would be really difficult to satisfy all of those requirements:eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I'd say that's the point or everybody would have a permit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 shlen

so if i was to change everything thats registered to my home address to my college address in cork, would i be able to get a permit then? The last 2 years ive lived in apartment blocks and have had to pay up to 600 to park my car for the year, so for the inconvenience of changing everything would be worth it i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Depends, does the house have any off street parking space, if then its unlikely city coucil will grant a permit even if there are 5 cars in the house and only one space.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭fredmc

If thats too much hassle, there is free parking just off College Rd, on MacCurtains Villas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Tazzle wrote: »
    I'd say that's the point or everybody would have a permit.

It doesn't stop people from taking a chance on it and leaving their car around without one. The odds of getting fined or clamped vary. However in the last few months the clampers and Gardai have been considerably more aggressive in enforcing this (for obvious reasons) and it would definitely be in your interest.

I wouldn't rely on parking in a "free" area - a lot of these are being taken into the residential control zones as people get pissed off, or in some cases, self-enforcement using stolen traffic cones is blocking off spaces for local residents who feel entitled to stop others from parking in what they consider to be their rightful spaces.

If your place was built before 2004 they are unlikely to object to your application (apartments built after that date that included parking will result in outright refusals). You do need to have at least one utility bill in your name (eircom will suffice) and either another ESB or gas bill or else a bank statement. You do need to transfer the car registration and the insurance into that address or they will not accept the application. It is usually the question of a phone call and easy to transfer back.

It really does save you time and hassle, believe me, the clampers are out in force.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

OP, I had the arduous task of getting a permit last September, it took me 2 months to get all the stuff sorted out, what with going to the city council, changing the insurance details, getting registered with the PRTB (which took ages) etc. And after all that, the feckers only give you a temporary 4 month permit. Are you definitely moving into this house on college road? What about a nice house in some place like Deerpark? You wont need a parking permit (there's disk parking in operation but once you put your address from a bill/statement on the car window you'll be fine) there's plenty parking spaces, only 15 min walk from college. Trust me, if you thought paying ?600 for parking was inconvenient, trying to obtain a parking permit is just as bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Do you really need to have your car? When I was a student I never had one and got on fine. Didn't get one for a few years until after I started working. Alot cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Thats some effort to get a parking permit for the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Also if someone else in the house already has a permit you can be almost certain of not getting one.

Advertisement