Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many pizzas a a year

Options
  • 05-07-2009 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious. anyone go over board with their pizza intake. order every three weeks or so or whenever there is a big game on. They always say its not very healthy to order too many of them

how many pizzas do you order a month 32 votes

1 or less
    0% 0 votes
    78% 25 votes
    15% 5 votes
    6% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Once ever in my life I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

wouldn't be a big pizza fan, but i do love a thin crust chicken pepperoni meatballs onion jalapeno with garlic sauce and chili flakes from Domino's every so often

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

My next door neighbour gets pizza delivery at least 5 times a week and I'm not exaggerating. We now have a pizza watch when cars pull up outside the house :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

My next door neighbour gets pizza delivery at least 5 times a week and I'm not exaggerating. We now have a pizza watch when cars pull up outside the house :eek:
    wow thats a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I used to house share with a guy who would have a pizza delivered almost every day, but that was all he would eat. He would stay up all night gaming, sleep all day, order pizza, repeat. No wonder the guy had badly thinning hair at 21, talk about malnourishment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

^^^ Holy sh!t. I love pizza, but even if I had the money or the metabolism to order it that much I don't think I could! Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've ordered one Dominos meal deal for one this year. Regretted it a couple of minutes after I started eating.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Maybe 1 a month, it's my favourite fast food, used to eat a lot more but gone off rubbish but normally I get it sundays if i've had a big session on the saturday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I wouldn't order them a lot as they are a complete rip off. I do the odd time though as they can be tasty & handy. What I usually do is buy a frozen pizza & add a gingload of extra toppings & cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Used to until I learned how to make the base... much cheaper and done just as quick. Would say tastier but Domino's do have that addictive spice they put on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Can there be any other food type that promises so much yet delivers so little? A hand thrown base topped with a small selection of meats and cheeses, baked in a scorchingly hot wood fired oven is heaven on a plate. Anything else is pap, not fit for human consumption; and still so many people indulge. Pizza is one of the highest grossing food businesses with food costs as low as 15% of price. Guaranteed disappointment for a rip off price.

Minder wrote: »
    Can there be any other food type that promises so much yet delivers so little? A hand thrown base topped with a small selection of meats and cheeses, baked in a scorchingly hot wood fired oven is heaven on a plate. Anything else is pap, not fit for human consumption; and still so many people indulge. Pizza is one of the highest grossing food businesses with food costs as low as 15% of price. Guaranteed disappointment for a rip off price.
    yes but its almost a tradition to order pizza for a big game isnt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

bout 6 a month. I also heat up the frozen ones a few days a week. I loves me some pizza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

yes but its almost a tradition to order pizza for a big game isnt it.

You've been watching too much American TV! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

I love pizza, slight problem is the cheese - in recent years i have discovered im actually lactose intolerant so im limited to a slice at a time and even then its tummy ache time.
    My brother on the other hand orders Pizza evey friday night before going out without fail - he swears by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

sillyputty wrote: »
    My brother on the other hand orders Pizza evey friday night before going out without fail - he swears by it.

BL*&^% pizza, &^%$& rip off!! Never a %£$*&^ gain!

Anything like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Done a few deliveries for a pizza place two weeks ago and in the 4 nights I worked delivered to a few houses 3 of the nights.

Thing I was surprised at though was that most people ordering pizza(and chips,garlic bread,taco stuff etc) had young kids. Don't mean to sound high and mighty but if and when I have kids take away is a treat once a week,and then only if I could afford it! Its disgraceful parents pumping this shi* into their kids.

I really like pizza but would eat it as a treat on a saturday night if sitting in. Eat healthy home made dinners the other 6 days.

I usually buy pack of 3 margherita pizzas from lidl for €3.49,buy some bacon and put that and some mushrooms on it. Friends are always shocked that its a cheapo pizza full of decoration!

suzieb wrote: »
    Done a few deliveries for a pizza place two weeks ago and in the 4 nights I worked delivered to a few houses 3 of the nights.

Thing I was surprised at though was that most people ordering pizza(and chips,garlic bread,taco stuff etc) had young kids. Don't mean to sound high and mighty but if and when I have kids take away is a treat once a week,and then only if I could afford it! Its disgraceful parents pumping this shi* into their kids.

I really like pizza but would eat it as a treat on a saturday night if sitting in. Eat healthy home made dinners the other 6 days.

I usually buy pack of 3 margherita pizzas from lidl for €3.49,buy some bacon and put that and some mushrooms on it. Friends are always shocked that its a cheapo pizza full of decoration!
    did they tip well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Tips were ok. Some people over generous if you ask me! Some gave €3 tips,others €1-1.50 which is what I would tip for take away but wouldnt feel obliged to. Most people didn't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

seanybiker wrote: »
    bout 6 a month. I also heat up the frozen ones a few days a week. I loves me some pizza

Wouldnt be too far off this for myself

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote: »
    Wouldnt be too far off this for myself
    jesus that must be terrible on your insides. and your wallet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

probably about 6 or 7 a month also...its handy and I am lazy:pac:

Advertisement