Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga and Salsa Dancing

Options
  • 05-07-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Hoping to go to group classes of both Yoga and Salsa Dancing. For me, it's as much about meeting people as it is about learning, friendly and not so intense is the kind of atmosphere I'd be going for.

I'd love to hear recommendations/suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

be careful with those places, they seem to be the first port of call for a lot of hopeless sad-ohs. if you like dancing go but don't go there to meet people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Yoga is no good for meeting people, the only person who speaks during yoga is the teacher. There's Unity yoga on Patricks Hill and the Cork movement centre opposite the Beamish brewery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

if ya want to meet people go to a boards beers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Dankoozy wrote: »
    if ya want to meet people go to a boards beers :)

Want to meet girls though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Even the girls act like men though so i guess you shouldnt come :p (kidding)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Gorbys do Salsa dancing on a Tuesday night IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Salsa Ireland hold great salsa classes. I had a few of their instructors in for masterclasses when I was running the Dance Soc in college and they really integrate everyone with the classes. It's great fun - would definitely check it out.

http://www.salsaireland.com/

As Maaza01 said, yoga is quite spiritual. If you'd rather something that's along the same lines but more cardiovascular, I'd recommend pilates. It's a much more social class too I think.

Advertisement