Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation tape-but not the PVC version

Options
  • 05-07-2009 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Lads I have a strange request. I used to purchase this insulation tape years ago for my hurleys, however it does not seem to be available anymore (at least in my area). This tape came in a roll same as normal, but it was not PVC. It had more of a plaster texture than anything else. Basically like a roll of plaster you would get in a pharmacy, but obviously that would be just expensive. If i knew what it was actually called i may be able to locate in online. Can someone shed some light on this subject...your help is greatly appreciated!
    Regards

Comments

Not sure if this is want you want but you can get Self Amalgamating Tape at Peats
    http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=4659&sid=20&cid=104&scid=561

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭proteuspal

Fair play wextext. From the pic that looks like the stuff. I would be willing to give that a shot. From the description it says it has an elastic nature. Have you any idea about a more rigid version? As i remember the stuff i used to use was quite thick, very tough stuff.
    Your help is appreciated, and i will give this material a shot!
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

Not sure if that stuff is what you want. That is denso tape (I think). It is the stuff used for sealing the connection to an earth rod and is dirty, dirty stuff.

knx wrote: »
    Not sure if that stuff is what you want. That is denso tape (I think). It is the stuff used for sealing the connection to an earth rod and is dirty, dirty stuff.
    Will bow to your superior knowledge. Never used it, just seen it advertised. So you're probably right.

Hmm i just checked it on ebay. Both the tapes recommended seem to be of the right texture that i am after. I am just looking for the right one now on ebay.
    Keep the ideas cominjg lads, its the right keyword that i am after, once i have that i am sure it will be available online.
    So i am looking for tape with the same texture as denso tape and self amalgamating tape. Any more ideas?? Or links to products would be great!!
    Thanks everyone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I think you are looking for the rubber grippy Self Amalgamating Tape like this:

TLSAT19.JPG

Hey 2011. You describe it as rubbery? So you got the sticky side and a rubber type side? This does look very similar to the stuff i used to use. Is there a plaster texture of self amalgamating tape? When i say plaster i mean the type you may use if you were tightening a large bandage for example.
    Cheers everyone, we are definitely nearly there!
    I appreciate your time

Hi Guys finally i found the exact tape i was after: Its called cloth insulation tape! Using all the help i received in this thread i was able to get the answer i wanted. Big thanks to KNX Wextext and 2011, your help was great and without it i would not finally have tracked down the one i was after!
    Here it is if anyone else is interested: http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/350

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

sorry i missed this I could have helped earlier, I just hope nobody ends up with Denso tape on their sticks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Stoner wrote: »
    sorry i missed this I could have helped earlier, I just hope nobody ends up with Denso tape on their sticks!!

wont be losing the hurl anyway :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement