Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eden...

Options
  • 05-07-2009 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭

There is only one way in with a car to Eden isnt there, by Spar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

There is priory road, a back road from Delgany.
    Take the hairpin left just after the mad bend.

Brings you out at the roundabout at the entrance.

We are talking about Eden Gate arent we?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

d'Oracle wrote: »
    There is priory road, a back road from Delgany.
    Take the hairpin left just after the mad bend.

Brings you out at the roundabout at the entrance.

We are talking about Eden Gate arent we?

Yea i know that Priory runs to the little roundabout. I meant just the one entrance into Eden Gate at the little roundabout. I always wondered if there was a back way out by Glenbrook Park.

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Yea i know that Priory runs to the little roundabout. I meant just the one entrance into Eden Gate at the little roundabout. I always wondered if there was a back way out by Glenbrook Park.

Dont think so.

Looks like there was meant to be another exit at the far end.
    Great spot for practising reverse around corners for the driving test.....:D

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Dont think so.

Looks like there was meant to be another exit at the far end.
    Great spot for practising reverse around corners for the driving test.....:D

When we first looking for a place round here the real estate lady took us up to look at a place at Eden. Couldnt believe the drive all the way to the N11 and then back again to get into the estate. Strange they never had another entrance. I was just checking cos im driving a taxi now and wanted to make sure i wasnt ripping someone off with that long drive. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there's been some talk of putting in a roundabout for Eden Gate but I believe the council don't want any more roundabouts on that road. What they should have done when building the road is put in a single-lane underpass (as they did for one of the farmhouses a little further up). As things stand the place is an alimighty PITA to get into from Greystones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

From the Dart stn its 2 miles to the Eden Gate roundabout. If you carry on to the N11 come back to the Spar its about 4.5 miles.
    However, if you go via Mill Rd, Killincarrig, Delgany and then Priory Road to the Spar its 3 miles so you choose. Some people will be happy to jump out at the EG roundabout, some will want dropping to their door, just ask them which.
    Cheers.

markest wrote: »
    From the Dart stn its 2 miles to the Eden Gate roundabout. If you carry on to the N11 come back to the Spar its about 4.5 miles.
    However, if you go via Mill Rd, Killincarrig, Delgany and then Priory Road to the Spar its 3 miles so you choose. Some people will be happy to jump out at the EG roundabout, some will want dropping to their door, just ask them which.
    Cheers.

Yea thanks, i thought Priory was faster from GStones.

ciaran67 wrote: »
    When we first looking for a place round here the real estate lady took us up to look at a place at Eden. Couldnt believe the drive all the way to the N11 and then back again to get into the estate. Strange they never had another entrance. I was just checking cos im driving a taxi now and wanted to make sure i wasnt ripping someone off with that long drive. ;)

If they are too lazy to walk from the roundabout, its there shout.
    If for some reason they can't......I have sympathy. Or not as the case may be.

Advertisement