Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy socialization?

Options
  • 05-07-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

Hey boardsies :)

We've just acquired a yellow labrador puppy (I think he's about 15-17 weeks old). He was abandoned but is very well behaved and doesn't seem to have any fear issues whatsoever (besides the usual labrador thing of eating everything he can fit into his jaws)

Anyway, he's a very social little guy and because we've only got a cat who's not too impressed with him at the minute, I'd love to find him some little doggy friends.

He's quite exuberant and friendly. He'd suit young, tolerant dogs best just because he's very playful, though he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He's very good with kids as well so no worries on that front either.

I'm going to wait until I've had him vaccinated (we have to wait in case he was just vaccinated before he was dumped - small chance but nonetheless) but I just thought I'd try and set something up in the meantime.

If you're interested, please pm me.

(video because I'm a proud puppy mommy!)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Omg the lady in the video has got an american accent!

The dog is gorgeous though , best bet is to take him to the local park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

If you could bring him to the prom in salthill he'd have a great time with people and dogs generally. Failing that I think you said before that you were Renmore side, so maybe one of the big green areas there??

He's gorgeous btw!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

i think there is puppy training and meets in liosbaun on a sunday. I was at petworld yesterday and heard some guy advertising it and giving people training tips advise on their dogs. if you call in and ask in the pet shop they might know

Advertisement