Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lure Fishing

Options
  • 05-07-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Just wondering if any one could tell me some productive lure fishing marks in Dublin for pollock or mackeral or anything really just want to get the hang of it before i go for bass . Also any tips on how to set up lures would be helpfull.... i.e should i put on a weight and swivel or not ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭D Audio Tripper

Try the lighthouse out in Howth, you can buy feathers/lures in the newsagents (Ann's) across from the beginning of the walkway. The No.9's (E2.50) and a 2ounce weight (E1.20) have been working well out there for both Mack's and Pollock, but sure try some others ones and let me know how you get on!!
    They are over the odd's price wise but sure it is a newsagents and saves a journey to a bait shop.
    From experience the left side of the lighthouse seems to be better for Pollock and directly behind for Mackerel/

Advertisement