Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheapest possible way to buy an xbox??

• 05-07-2009 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

hey guys
    i really really want a 360 but i have f**k all money.. just wondering where do ye think is the best place to buy one, gamestop, ebay?? bear in mind i have a PSP and am willing to trade it in.. you think id get much off the price of an xbox for it???????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

croker1 wrote: »
    hey guys
    i really really want a 360 but i have f**k all money.. just wondering where do ye think is the best place to buy one, gamestop, ebay?? bear in mind i have a PSP and am willing to trade it in.. you think id get much off the price of an xbox for it???????

How much is **** all?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭croker1

sorry.. eh well id be willing to pay up as far as 80 or 90 euro....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

smyths toystores do good deals or maybe ebay

ok thanks.. i know i wont get a 360 within that price range, thats why im mentioning the PSP i could trade in...

ok thanks.. i know i wont get a 360 within that price range, thats why im mentioning the PSP i could trade in...

Even with the trade in you'll struggle to get it for that. Surely you could save another 40/50 quid and get the Arcade somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

sell the psp on ebay with all your games, u should get at least 200 if u have a good few games.

what do ya mean get the arcade???? i know very little about this stuff btw!

what do ya mean get the arcade???? i know very little about this stuff btw!

There's three version of the console, the Arcade (no hard drive), the Premium (or Pro)(60gig harddrive) and the Elite (120 gig harddrive). The arcade is the cheapest, then the Premium then the Elite. The Premium is probably the best bet, could probably pick it up for about 200, if not less. The arcade is around 150, and you can buy a harddrive for it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Sell the PSP on Adverts.ie!

Then put that money towards your €80-€90 and should be able to get yourself one easy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

don't go 2nd hand, it will break down , hold out till you have a bit extra and go arcade.Buy cheap , but twice.Of course you could be lucky and get a decent 2nd hand one but very unlikely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I got an Arcade unit for €100 in the pawn shop on maccurtain st. in cork. It was second hand, but a jasper motherboard and I have had no problems with it so far. Might be worth a look if you are in cork.

EDIT: Some advice, you a better off looking for one with at least a HDMI port, and there is usually a way to identify the version of motherboard by serial number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Knasher wrote: »
    I got an Arcade unit for €100 in the pawn shop on maccurtain st. in cork. It was second hand, but a jasper motherboard and I have had no problems with it so far. Might be worth a look if you are in cork.

EDIT: Some advice, you a better off looking for one with at least a HDMI port, and there is usually a way to identify the version of motherboard by serial number.

To hell with the serial number.
    Check that manufacture date if its before september 2008 you dont get a Jasper.
    Basically what I mean by a jasper is there was 3 types of motherboards and the jasper has the best survival rate of the xboxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

theres a guy in the computer section of the belfast gumtree site selling his 360 for £80 if ur interested

Advertisement