Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy playing bagpipes in Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 05-07-2009 3:12pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else heard this oddball playing his bagpipes on the pier in Dun Laoghaire? I have no idea if he's busking or just not the full shilling :confused:

Doesn't he know the Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scot's as a joke, but the Scot's haven't seen the joke yet? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Never seen the guy in DL but have come accross a guy playing them on the beach in Greystones on occasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

yeah I heard him....I was trying to catch a few zzzz's on me boat when he piped up :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Yeah I seen him on Thursday night. There was also a Luke Kelly lookalike down at the end of the pier playing a banjo..

Could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I passed him today when walking down the East pier. There was a note in the hat saying that he also gave lessons. Not the best location for self-promotion, surely. I mean it's not like anyone actually wants to hear bagpipes when they're going for a walk down the pier?

Advertisement